Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
low rpms after starting and runs for a bit, has died once or twice when i put it in
gear only light coming on is a low coolant light (bird cage) drives fine just when i
come to a stop or idol it drops in power and rpms are at like 3 or 4 last time i
started it jumped to hot and overheated for a moment i pulled over and it
instantly went back down to normal

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
Is the engine smoking at all? Are you losing coolant/is the coolant level adequate? What about vacuum leaks?
It's also a good idea to check for BHG.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
@dubstep4life16
Please use punctuations!

Low RPM; check that you have no air leaks on the intake side past the AFM/MAF to the intake manifold.

bird Cage; Do you smell the sweet coolant smell? if so that is usually indicative of a a pinm hole leak in the coolant system. I had my OEM radiator develop a pin hole leak on one of the tubes. Initially I thought bhg but there was no smoke but that sweet coolant smell is unmistakeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the engine smoking at all? Are you losing coolant/is the coolant level adequate? What about vacuum leaks?
It's also a good idea to check for BHG.
yes i believe i am losing coolant slowly added and filled it up the light stayed on and i cant see from the top of engine bay anywhere leaking where would initially wanna look at

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
yes i believe i am losing coolant slowly added and filled it up the light stayed on and i cant see from the top of engine bay anywhere leaking where would initially wanna look at
Take your oil cap off and look underneath it. See if it’s slimy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
BHG +1

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yikes, Sounds like a terrible problem. Check for leaking fluid and/or coolant in your oil. Could be the head gasket if the coolant is disappearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts