Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son is trying to install a new stereo in his 91 supra and the pioneer stereo he bought fits the factory opening perfect but I have having a hard time finding a harness to install it? he got one from Walmart that says it will fit but the plug only has 10 pins while his factory stereo has 14 pins? I stopped by a stereo shop today and they said no one makes one for a 91 and it has to be hard wired in? if this is true does anyone have the color codes for the factory plug? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sounds like the car had a factory amp, and if so I can't say I've seen an adapter harness for it, save for a small few available over in Europe.

It may be easiest to just build an adapter harness to suit than track one down. Hard wiring is still an option though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There’s a lot of stereo wiring info in my 91 thread but 56k ⚠ warning ⛔ modem users beware lololol. Seriously tho, page and page of me ranting about kids on my lawn.

@Captain is on point there’s a 13 pin premium sound wiring adapter from a euro company you can still get via eBay

or bypass The factory premium sound by unplugging it and using the standard 6+10 Toyota radio connector

1 - 5 of 5 Posts