Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I own a 1991 Toyota Soarer 2.5L Inline 6 Twin Turbo so in other words the 1JZ-GTE. Just finished making the soarer look my own on the outside and dyed the inside and hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you think.

Quick list of mods:
- Two tone paint (black n red)
- Staggered rims: XXR 006 Wheels with nitto 555 rubber
- Fronts: 20x8.5 with 225/35/20's
- Rears: 20x10 with 275/30/20's
- Vertex Body Kit
- Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
- Aftermarket head, tail and fog lights
- Seibon TSII Carbon Fiber Hood
- Redone interior done in black by me still in progress (gauges ordered, double din in soon etc etc)

ENJOY!

Before pics:

As she sits now:

· i rike supras!
312 Posts
I'm not feelin the color scheme...
also something needs to be done
about that big hole in front of your shifter
plus that missing hole for the cup holder looks kinda ghetto.

but otherwise i like

· Super Moderator
14,021 Posts

but otherwise i like
Words right outta my own head!

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

but otherwise i like
Well its getting there my boost gauge is in, AEM wideband is in, and the a double din will be filling my center console. and as for that cup holder hole its a pain but it fits my cell phone nicely haha

exterior looked better b4 you touched it
you would have had to see it in person before saying that, you cant see it in most pics but it was black with a rainbow sparkle.

if you enjoy that.. then now i will laugh at you. jk but front bumper was cracked, paint was rough and beat up and warn out, hood was wavy.. it was bad.

· Registered
321 Posts
What was your method for blacking out your interior components? ...Door panels, carpet, etc.

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What was your method for blacking out your interior components? ...Door panels, carpet, etc.
I used all duplicolor products and was shocked at the result, it came out REALLY good. Took 3 cans of duplicolor fabric n vinyl dye to do my carpet and it looks brand new but it is a bit stiffer but i dont mind.

But my process was pretty much clean every piece thoroughly, duplicolor adhesion prmoter, then 3-4 coats of duplicolor fabric n vinyl dye then if needed on certain plastic pieces used duplicolor clear coat. The vinyl n fabric dye actually worked out well on plastic pieces as well. Its been about 2-3 months now since ive finished doing the interior black and have had no problems with wearing off.. you need to be careful of hitting with objects tho, taking chips out n what not.. but again i was very suprised on how duplicolor worked expecially for the price is was well worth it. Cost me about $175 to do the interior and alot of time n patience.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.