Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has a GEM!! All original, no mods. Red with black interior 6-speed. Targa top with ONLY 14k miles.. mint condition.

What do you all thinks shes worth?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Probably 150k, maybe more

·
Blue Thunder
3,698 Posts

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,426 Posts
I would not be surprised if in 10 years something like this will be going for 1+ mil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This might be the finest MKIV still in existence. Until someone comes along with a lower mileage unmodified example, in my mind this car is 1 out of 1.
i believe the owner or Brooklyn auto sales (adam?) has a black on black 6 speed with around 3k miles

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yea, I’ve seen Adams at Brooklyn auto. I remember that car sold for around 81k 5-6 years ago on eBay.

·
Super Moderator
10,802 Posts
More very low mileage MKIVs around than is commonly known. I can recall, off the top of my head, three MKIVs with <10k miles on them (one dealer-owned).

A friend of a friend owns 32 cars, two of which are MKIVs and both of which have been owned since new. I'd be willing to bet these cars have very low mileage. I would tell you just how low if I knew the owner and he didn't reside in another state.

Ken.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,231 Posts
I recall a couple years ago on FB the owner of a Toyota dealership out west brought his 97 RSP TT auto in for service with only 678 miles. There are many more low mileage supras out there then we really know since those owners are so low key.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,231 Posts
I recall a couple years ago on FB the owner of a Toyota dealership out west brought his 97 RSP TT auto in for service with only 678 miles. There are many more low mileage supras out there then we really know since those owners are so low key.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Personally I'm split on the idea of leaving a car in such an unused state. For one, what a shame to leave a car and never really enjoy it! On the other hand, if you can afford one of these things new, and you only put a few thousand miles on it in over two decades... you probably have other cars to have fun with. Which leads me to my third point... I do appreciate seeing how cars were made in different eras, doesn't even really matter what the car is. It's neat to see bone stock examples of any car, that are super clean.

I speak from the position of a guy who has an early NB Miata that JUST hit 50k a couple months back. I daily drive (and race, and offroad, and four season the thing), and while if I squirreled the thing away it would probably be worth decent money sooner or later, it's just too much fun to not enjoy it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts