Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the Dyno Numbers for a Rebuilt - Engine 1994 Supra NA:

Mileage on Engine/Chasis : 172,000 miles (I am the 6th owner)
Miles on Re-built: 800 miles

Most of the head & block components were replaced EXCEPT for: cams, crankshaft, sensors, and rods. There are smaller components replaced, but the list gets rather lengthy. The head and block were sent to a machine shop to be cleaned-up, checked for cracks, and re-honed (they stated that wear was minmal and the standard size pistons can be used).

Engine/Drivetrain Mods: ARP Headstud Bolts, SouthBend OFE Clutch & PP, Injen Intake, HKS Super Dragger Exhaust, TRD LSD, 4.083 Rear Ratio, 16" NA Rims & Tires were used.

Suspension: Tein Basics & R2 Control Arm Bushings.

Gas: California "Special" 91 Octane Gas. :hahano:

1st Run @ 3rd Gear(15 minute cool down period for my car, before the run):
178.96 RWHP @ 5,900
175.11 RWTQ @ 3,900

2nd Run @ 3rd Gear (Car was left to idle 10 minutes to see how heat soak would affect performance)
180.26 RWHP @ 5,800
174.82 RWTQ @ 3,900

3rd Run @ 4th Gear (Car was left at idle for another 11 minutes, before the last run)
185.14 RWHP @ 5,900
180.05 RWTQ @ 3,900

I couldn't get a 4th dyno as I only paid for three pulls. However, it was interesting the NA get running stronger on each pull while running HOT. This is the first time I redlined the engine, the 800 mile break-in period was kept bellow 4,500 RPMS.

Here are the pics:

HP/TQ

HP & AF

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cardomain is down atm, I'll try and link a better picture.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Solid numbers. Now get it tuned it with something like an safc, and you should get some good gains and smooth out the torque band in the process. I have similar mods--untuned 188rwhp; after tune 210.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
glad you have good results with the numbers, im shocked they are that low...my Celica GT-S with intake, exhaust and Power FC made 182 WHP but not near your torque. I didnt know the N/A Supra was that low..glad your car s running strong though

·
Registered
330 Posts
Smaay said:
glad you have good results with the numbers, im shocked they are that low...my Celica GT-S with intake, exhaust and Power FC made 182 WHP but not near your torque. I didnt know the N/A Supra was that low..glad your car s running strong though
don't forget the celica loses a lot less through the drivetrain...

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just posted a larger image of the dynosheet.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
wow i made more on a 100k plus engine dont know if thats good or bad, and my mods were just intake and exaust. 189.9rwhp, and 179lbs/tq. But w/e

Matt

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DTSupra30 said:
wow i made more on a 100k plus engine dont know if thats good or bad, and my mods were just intake and exaust. 189.9rwhp, and 179lbs/tq. But w/e

Matt

The Good: The 2JZ-GE's seem to hold up well with age. Since they don't push alot of power, the motor can take whatever you throw at them.

The Bad: The seals and gaskets do need to get replaced at some point of time. My Lexus GS300 (162,000 miles) seriously needs some gaskets replaced. I'm just too lazy to tear down the head and block as I don't get excited with working on beater cars.

The Dynos: Every Dyno will differ. Conditions, mods, gas, rims, will play into dyno numbers. I'll wait another 10,000 miles and stick in 93 octane (I have to mix a few 100 octane gas in California) and see if my motor has decided to hit into the 190's. I'm just happy my AF's aren't lean and im making 180+. :)

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
urdabum said:
how much u got the rebuild for???
I tore down the entire engine myself and slap it back together (with the help of my father's advise on how to properly pull and install engine pulleys + pushing the engine & tranny back into the engine bay). The cost to rebuild this particular engine:

1. Valve job, valve seals, shim adjustment, rehoning engine block, check for cracks, clean-up: $800. I had a machine shop do this for me, as I don't have the equipment or knowledge to do this type of work.

2. New standard size pistons, piston rings, main bearings, rod bearings, rod bushings, bolts, crank pulley, engine gaskets, water pump, motor mounts, miscellaneous hoses & belts, thermostat, pcv, plugs, wires, distributor cap & rotor, timing belt tensioner, oil pump, oil sensor. There are a few more items, but can't remember all of them. Estimated ~ $2,200

3. Toyota Service Manual is a must ~ $250 (it variers, I forgot Curt's price)

Defintely, not a cheap project if you want everything pratically replaced. The price mentioned above doesn't include labor time (other than the head & block sent to the machine shop). It may be almost better to have a shop rebuild the 2JZ-GE for you, as this project almost costs as much as having someone just rebuild one. However, I did go a little overboard in replacing alot of the parts as I plan to have this car on occasional road courses.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Khiladi1020 said:
Solid numbers. Now get it tuned it with something like an safc, and you should get some good gains and smooth out the torque band in the process. I have similar mods--untuned 188rwhp; after tune 210.
were those numbers with or without the xerd headers?

·
Madison Motorsports
389 Posts
Nice dyno results, also goes to show that, like mentioned above, the n/a engines don't lose much over time. I put down 177.5whp with 105k miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts