Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which seat belt buckles (female side with red button) if any are compatible with the front seats on a 1994 MKIV? I’m looking for a replacement set and the factory ones are discontinued.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
From what I gathered, the assembly itself appears universal between tons of cars. The part to watch for as you mentioned, is the bracket but also the sensor attached to it for your seat belt warning light. My GS350, 4runner and the wifes Camry all appear to have identical female buckles and brackets as the Supra. I'm not willing to bet anyone's life on it but, might look into the length and wired harness for the warning light on those.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I gathered, the assembly itself appears universal between tons of cars. The part to watch for as you mentioned, is the bracket but also the sensor attached to it for your seat belt warning light. My GS350, 4runner and the wifes Camry all appear to have identical female buckles and brackets as the Supra. I'm not willing to bet anyone's life on it but, might look into the length and wired harness for the warning light on those.
Ok gotcha thanks man. As long as the buckle itself is the same I can make it work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got a belt buckle out of a SC400 in a local junkyard thinking it’s basically a luxury version of the MKIV interior. Nope the metal part that bolts into the seat frame is around 2” too long.

Does anybody else have any suggestions of comparable Toyota or Lexus cars I could take the seat belt buckles from?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There was a write up on here many years ago and how to refresh the OEM one. Assuming your problem is they are lazy and not retracting. I don't have a link but, you can searching if its still on here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts