Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me place a rough value on my Alpine Silver original TT LHD 6SPD Targa? 95k original miles. Clean title. All Vin Tags are in place. Car is originally an alpine silver, but has been resprayed in a few areas due to age. Car is currently running a Street torque turbo kit 6266. I'm getting older and more life responsibilities are getting in the way. So she might be going soon. I attached a picture of the previous owner spec list, but I made some adjustments. The body is 100%. We just had her resprayed and everything fixed. I know everyone is going to ask for pictures and I will take some and repost tonight or tomorrow.

• Switched the HKS T.I. Catback exhaust to a Tanabe touring medallion
  • Remove Turbo timer and Rev Limiter
  • Switched the Tokico suspension to the HKS Hipermax IV
  • Installed OEM factory clutch (only driven a few hundred miles)
  • Removed OBD2 ECU and installed Infinity 506
  • Removed Recaro seats and put back OEM leather seats (fully functional)
Recent Maintenance:
  • Valve Seals
  • 1ZZ Ignition Coil Install
  • Rear/Front Main Seals and cleaned up a few leaks from age.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
a whole $5 and a 6 piece spicy chicken nuggets and we'll call it a fair trade yeh?

Really though - if its in good condition, values are like 60k+.

·
Blue Thunder
3,594 Posts
That depends also if it's JDM or USDM, HT or targa?

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Original paint? All vin tags? Clean title?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Original paint? All vin tags? Clean title?
Thank you. I obviously haven't done this in a while haha. Clean title. All Vin Tags are in place. Car is originally an alpine silver, but has been resprayed in a few areas due to age. It looks 100% now.

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Now I'm not going to tell you a listing price, I'm going to tell you a selling value. Ignore the moronic asking prices on ebay those are not a guide for real supra sell prices. I would estimate your car well marketed would settle somewhere around due to the repaint a 61,500 - 64,000 sell price. I would ask 69,500 to be competitive in the market. Or you know you could ask 95K like every dealer twat and not sell the car ever.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
255 Posts
Now I'm not going to tell you a listing price, I'm going to tell you a selling value. Ignore the moronic asking prices on ebay those are not a guide for real supra sell prices. I would estimate your car well marketed would settle somewhere around due to the repaint a 61,500 - 64,000 sell price. I would ask 69,500 to be competitive in the market. Or you know you could ask 95K like every dealer twat and not sell the car ever.

Cheers,

Matt
i agree with this

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cheers,

Matt
Matt,

Really appreciate your insight on this matter. I had a few people in my ear saying that I could selling this car for $75k+, which I didn't think was realistic.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Agreed with what Matt recommended. List it at $70k and add some detailed photos of exterior, interior, undercarriage, engine bay, etc. Include as much information as possible on the history of the vehicle, how many owners, how long you've owned it, any maintenance/upgrades documentation, etc.

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Matt,

Really appreciate your insight on this matter. I had a few people in my ear saying that I could selling this car for $75k+, which I didn't think was realistic.
Like I said I'm not an expert but I value supras almost every day for people as they have become a commodity. I watch all the places people are selling and real sell prices. You could ask $75k...but when you ask to much you turn off 50% of your pool of potential buyers with what I call the premium stink. Be realistic, make some money, but greed doesnt sell cars well.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
382 Posts

Cheers,

Matt
Matt, you put a caveat on the price because of the re-spray, is that an increase or decrease over original paint? The reason I ask is my car had a molded Blitz body kit on it for all my years of ownership. Now, I have gone through an extensive refresh the final step was having that kit removed and the whole car to get every ding pulled and a fresh coat of Ren Red. Just thinking down the road, I hope I didnt hurt my value.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Depends on the buyer. Bottom line is good bodywork won't hurt value too much, and can actually increase it in some cases. A lot of people will do body work anyways, but they want clean interior and other stuff like matching numbers. There is a hierarchy list, mileage, numbers, paint/etc. For all of them there is a depreciation. Bottom line is it's a seller's market, even JDM imports with no paperwork sell for 50+ easy

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Matt, you put a caveat on the price because of the re-spray, is that an increase or decrease over original paint? The reason I ask is my car had a molded Blitz body kit on it for all my years of ownership. Now, I have gone through an extensive refresh the final step was having that kit removed and the whole car to get every ding pulled and a fresh coat of Ren Red. Just thinking down the road, I hope I didnt hurt my value.
As a generality a decrease because often paintwork is not as good as original or has tell tale signs. Rarely do people get the factory quality job done. If its flawless and not due to an accident this difference is smaller but still now the car has had aftermarket body pieces replaced by non original oem ones. The less stories the better the value generally how it goes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
pics would be nice.
65k, conservative quick sell.
75k, if the exterior/interior is minty, under-hood paint is minty, no surface rust, clean underbody, and you aren't in a rush for the right buyer.

·
Registered
807 Posts
All those comments about prices seems attainable. I cannot believe how the prices have gone up but thats the Market today. On the history of bringatrailer.com (an auto auction online) a 94 like yours SOLD FOR $71,000 ON 12/15/20.
also a JDM 93 RZ: SOLD FOR $72,500 ON 12/30/20.

Im in the market to purchase a home and property values are so high here in California people are outbidding each other for homes, the thought of selling a Supra has come across my mind a few times that way i can be a competitive buyer.
I also know that if I sell one my Supra, I will probably not afford another one.

Meanwhile I will continue to listen to my "Gunther Pleasureman" album to find inspiration and dream about owning a home again like my buddy in Connecticut with a sweet dog! #goals

Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Administrator
8,951 Posts
Hahaha.

Also note...bringatrailer sales are not good market points. That site has it's own ecosystem that does not apply to the real world most of the time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts