Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Hello.

Yes this is my car that is for sale, I did not want to create a for-sale post, so as not to violate any forum rules about creating a for-sale ad without the proper number of posts, red-tape, etc.

Thanks to Steve for noticing my CL ad.

Any questions feel free to PM me, I am somewhat motivated to sell my dream car but will hold on to it if the market is as bad as it looks right now.

Thanks.

· Registered
33 Posts
Is it still for sale? How much?
Yes, it is [sobs].

I am sad to have to sell it, but I'm sure people have heard the story before.

I have recently lowered the price to $28k, and I think I am going to leave it there for a while and see what happens. I don't want to sell it, but I fell that I must take responsibility in my life and do it, so I am not too desperate, but really want it to go to a good home. It has been a great car to me and it feels like selling off a member of my family. If anybody has any questions about it shoot me a PM. Might bring it down to the PNW nationals if it's still around (it probably will be, the market isn't what it was a year ago for supras).

Thanks!
-Aaron

· Registered
33 Posts
Keep checking it I renew it regularly. The listing number will change so the link won't work, just go to Seattle Craigslist, under autos, type in supra and set the minimum at like 15k or so (that's what I did when I was looking to buy, sorry to the MkIII owners out there, most get eliminated from that price range) and it will show up on the search.

FYI- I have had several very interested buyers who have come over to check it out & test drive, but they can't get financing from any bank they sit down with, despite them having excellent credit (or so I'm told).

It does look like the credit market has withered up (in this economy, go figure) so we will see I might be keeping it if no interested buyers w/ cash come along.

Thanks!

· An out of line 2J
1,359 Posts
Have your potentials check into Firstagain. I originally went through NavyFederal as many others wouldn't finance a car greater than 10 years old...but Firstagain has a completely different business model. I switched over to Firstagain because they moved my rate down almost 2 points from the Navy (which is usually very hard to compete with).
They work differently as in you basically have just a loan and it's not associated with the vehicle or liened. I actually hold the title (even though I still owe on the car) which makes it much nicer for insurance claims and or if I want to sell the car.

· Registered
33 Posts
Hmm, that FirstAgain sounds almost too good to be true. I checked out their website, and it says "Unfortunately, due to economic forces beyond our control, FirstAgain is presently unable to accept new loan applications" on their main page. That would be pretty cool to get a loan for a car and hold the title free and clear.

The NavyFCU looks like they might finance older cars, but it says "If vehicle older than 7 model years, subject to tangible collateral rate" which would be on top of 6-7% interest. But, if they are one of the few who will finance, then perhaps it is the only option in this economy.

Thanks for the info, I will do further research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.