Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious to know a ballpark value of my 94 TT 6-speed would be worth. It is pretty much all original except for HID headlights and a shifter knob with only 35k miles on it. I would put the overall condition of the vehicle an 8 out of 10

·
Registered
203 Posts
Targa? All original paint and VIN tags? Could be 40-50+ depending on those things.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
What color in and out? Assuming pretty clean, no accidents, VIN tags etc to me it sounds like it could be in the $40k ballpark depending on how fast you want it to sell. Recent listings of comparable 6sp TT's have even asked for more.

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Some sand baggers in here, those cars are selling high 40s all day, maybe even low 50s.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That defiently sounds like high 40's low 50's lol.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Red exterior will hurt the value some but still worth well over 40k. Post some pics.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Make you a deal right now - $24K cash money and you never hear from me again!

Seriously, if you want to sell it, put up a good descriptive ad and wait as long as you can. You should do well, as noted above.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Being the owner of a red Supra, (so a bit of bias in the interest of full disclosure), it MAY be true on SF that red COULD detract from the value of an otherwise clean car but, even if that's the case, it matters not to the general buying public. Plus, if red Supras are so unpopular, why do so many of us have a car that color? This car is red/black which is considered by some to be a more desirable color combo than red/tan.

Last, and I've said this before, the last time I looked, over 90% of F cars sold were red. Doesn't seem to hurt the sales of Ferrari one bit. If the car is as clean as it appears to be from the limited description, OP can sell it for mid 40s to 50 as others have noted.

Ken.

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Red cars are the fastest...these cars are too rare for color to matter like it did 10 years ago. Condition trumps all.

Also op if this turns to a mock forsale thread you go bye bye.

Thanks

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
464 Posts
Toyota made most in black and red... so yeah, it MAY lower the value a little compared to some rarer colors, but not much if condition is good and mileage is low. Really it depends on the buyer, and someone who likes red or does not know the difference may pay full dollar. On occasion I have seen some people looking on these forums and sometimes have said, "...anything but red" in their wanted posts. Comparing a red Ferrari to a red Supra is not really apples to apples.

Id say mid 40's easy, $45-$50K, but if it is 8 out of 10 on condition that may lower the value if the condition doesn't match the low mileage. Pics would help.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Toyota made most in red... so yeah, may lower the value a little compared to some rarer colors, but not much if condition and mileage is low. I do see some people looking on occasion that say anything "but red" in their wanted posts. Comparing a red Ferrari to a red Supra is not really apples to apples.

Id say mid 40's easy, $45-50K, but if it is 8 out of 10 on condition that may lower the value if the condition doesn't match the low mileage. Pics would help.
More black Supras than any other color. You buy into the same conventional "wisdom" that most in here do, thinking SF group think is the way of the world. It isn't. FastTurbo said it best. The cars are too rare for color to matter in the real world, especially 18-years after the last one came ashore. Above all that, and with more and more parts being discontinued every day, condition trumps everything, including color.

Ken.

464 Posts
Ok correction made, they made most in Black, but they did make almost as many in Red. I like both colors personally, but it is the less rare of the colors made for Mk4 Supras. True that condition trumps all, but good condition and low mileage together is what counts. I don't think anyone disagrees. I do think there will be differing opinions as evident from above on color and value since opinions on color can differ just like preference for wheels. However they made a lot of Red. If it was the same car and same condition, all the same except one was a rarer color, I disagree and would think it would make a difference in price if one was an original Anthracite for example, or a hardtop tt as another example.

I don't think these cars are quite considered rare yet, but I guess it depends on what you mean by rare. I have seen 3 Supra dailys in the past few weeks, 2 this past week just daily driving around during lunchtime during the work week... 1 in Irvine, 2 in inland empire, but it may be different depending on where you live. Also as you know, So Cal is having a Spring meet in couple weeks... looks like a LOT of Supras are coming just from the local area. Not really that rare yet, since these cars are only 20 years old, and there still appears to be a lot around here at least. Parts are becoming discontinued, but still plenty of Supras driving around as far as I have been noticing. Prices are going up, and will probably continue to go up but not significantly any time soon, unless a really low mileage perfect example, 6 speed, 10 out of 10, not 8 out of 10, should bring much more without considering color. Just opinion, but you never know how much it will actually sell for.

I think opinion from forum members on value is what he is looking for, and not an argument over color preference. It may be argued that in the real world, but not within the Supra Forum community in particular, that color doesn't matter, and the only consideration is condition... but I doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
^^No words.

Good luck, OP.

Ken.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Ok correction made, they made most in Black, but they did make almost as many in Red. I like both colors personally, but it is the less rare of the colors made for Mk4 Supras. True that condition trumps all, but good condition and low mileage together is what counts. I don't think anyone disagrees. I do think there will be differing opinions as evident from above on color and value since opinions on color can differ just like preference for wheels. However they made a lot of Red. If it was the same car and same condition, all the same except one was a rarer color, I disagree and would think it would make a difference in price if one was an original Anthracite for example, or a hardtop tt as another example.

I don't think these cars are quite considered rare yet, but I guess it depends on what you mean by rare. I have seen 3 Supra dailys in the past few weeks, 2 this past week just daily driving around during lunchtime during the work week... 1 in Irvine, 2 in inland empire, but it may be different depending on where you live. Also as you know, So Cal is having a Spring meet in couple weeks... looks like a LOT of Supras are coming just from the local area. Not really that rare yet, since these cars are only 20 years old, and there still appears to be a lot around here at least. Parts are becoming discontinued, but still plenty of Supras driving around as far as I have been noticing. Prices are going up, and will probably continue to go up but not significantly any time soon, unless a really low mileage perfect example, 6 speed, 10 out of 10, not 8 out of 10, should bring much more without considering color. Just opinion, but you never know how much it will actually sell for.

I think opinion from forum members on value is what he is looking for, and not an argument over color preference. It may be argued that in the real world, but not within the Supra Forum community in particular, that color doesn't matter, and the only consideration is condition... but I doubt it.
Lol ....just because u see a few driving around your area doesnt mean you can apply that ratio to the rest of the country

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Ive seen 5 supras driving around my area in 8-10 years total...so Brian yeah that doesnt apply everywhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts