Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$70,000
I am the 2nd owner of this 1994TT 6 speed. I bought it in 1997 with 12k miles, used it as a daily driver for 10 years and now showing 148k on the clock. No accidents, always garaged, original paint and interior except the front seats were recovered a few years ago. Even the original floor mats still looking good. Converted to 67/68 single turbo years ago. Completed an engine rebuild and upgrades last October (over $20k invested). Driven less than 500 miles since. ProEFi, Flex fuel and tuning done by Sound Performance. Dyno: 680 whp. 607 wtq @ 28psi The car runs better than ever and looks great with only a few minor cosmetic blemishes mainly the front lip needs to be resprayed or replaced. After all these years I still enjoy this car but at 71 I prefer the comfort of my Lexus. Hard to know what it is worth but I’d be compelled to sell if I was offered $70k. Partial parts list JE PISTON SET AND HEAD GASKET Clevite 77 Engine Bearing Package for 2JZ ARP HEAD STUDS ARP MAIN STUD KIT MACHINE SHOP: CLEANED, PRESSURE CHECKED, RESURFACED, PERFORMED VALVE JOB AND INSTALLED NEW SEALS. CLEANED AND POLISHED CRANK SHAFT. HONED ENGINE BLOCK AND INSTALLED NEW PISTONS ON RODS. OIL PUMP SERPINTINE BELT VALVE COVER GASKET TIMMING BELT CRANK SEAL THERMOSTAT MISHIMOTO RADIATOR UPPER AND LOWER HOSES FRONT AND REAR BRAKES AND RESURFACED ROTORS 4 MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT TIRES NEW BRAKES AND ROTORS TURNED 264 CAM SOUTH BEND STAGE 2 CLUTCH RESURFACED FLY WHEEL 67MM TURBO REFRESHED INCLUDING THRUST, BEARINGS AND SEALS FLEX FUEL SENSOR, 1200CC INJECTORS WALBRO HELLCAT 525 LPH FUEL PUMP- E85 ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE. PRO EFI HKS 3 ROW, C’S SHORT SHIFTER, 18" VOLK RACING WHEELS.

RchAd5S5S4KuFOMV4PS07g.jpg NiB7KGCzSPeQY904Wr030Q.jpg jECMYHNmTfa85WjlGQDv6A.jpg fullsizeoutput_303c.jpeg IMG_0375.jpg fullsizeoutput_3016.jpeg SorSpXQbR1qlB1MUoUoa%w.jpg XXcTUoJARXOB9fBeOEaBQg.jpg fullsizeoutput_301e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_30b8.jpeg

jim walker
[email protected]
st louis, mo 63128

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow. Splendid example, sir.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,710 Posts
OP,

Please include your seller info or thread will be deleted.

Clean car and best of luck with your sale. I would recommend you conduct another compression test. The TSRM indicates compression between cylinders should not vary by 14 psi and compression less than 128 psi in any cylinder is not within the acceptable range.

The 2JZ-GTE is fairly famous for "running well" despite having low compression. Another test with a properly calibrated gauge should address this question definitively.

Ken.

Reactions: Walt3r124

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP,

Please include your seller info or thread will be deleted.

Clean car and best of luck with your sale. I would recommend you conduct another compression test. The TSRM indicates compression between cylinders should not vary by 14 psi and compression less than 128 psi in any cylinder is not within the acceptable range.

The 2JZ-GTE is fairly famous for "running well" despite having low compression. Another test with a properly calibrated gauge should address this question definitively.

Ken.
Thanks, Ken. I called SP and turns out those are readings from before the engine rebuild. I will need to get a current CT and will update when I do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Ken. I called SP and turns out those are readings from before the engine rebuild. I will need to get a current CT and will update when I do.
New compression test results 168-170 each cylinder. After seeing some of the asking prices I am thinking I priced this low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.