Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, well I hope I can make this short and sweet. I'm posting this on a couple forums in Canada to maybe luck out and find it....

I worked in oilfields (grande prairie for 7 years) when I was younger, saved my money and acquired my dream car at the time a 1994 Toyota supra TT 6 Speed. I purchased it in Calgary and then brought it home to Winnipeg, MB.

I owned it for 5-6 years and then due to getting married and buying a business from my Uncle, sacrifices were made and the car was sold to a gentleman in Calgary (kinda fitting that it went back to where I got it haha)

Anyway, it's now been 6-7 years since then, and I've had this yearning to track it down and either know it's fate or possibly buy it back. Granted whoever currently owns it may not want to sell it....However as long as I can offer to purchase it when they DO decide to sell it if that day comes, would be great.

This was my first car, and it has sentimental value with family members who have since passed away.

I've ran a carfax on it, and will also be doing a car proof just in case some information was missing on one or the other. It appears to still be in Calgary.

Now I'm not from your car scene in Calgary, however I'm hoping maybe someone knows of someone who has a car that fits this description, or the owner could very well be on this site.

The main thing being black on black (exterior/interior) and it being a manual car.

Alberta motor authority can't help and cannot give me the last owners name (which is expected due to privacy laws)

I've found 2 black supra's since starting my "investigation" and both were not it, so I WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE SHES STILL ALIVE! lol

I'm currently checking all the auctions in Calgary as well and have left some info with a couple car dealers there in case it pops up.

I also don't know of other car forums for Calgary or other sites, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's hoping I can be reconnected with my long lost love. haha

·
Registered
815 Posts
In Ontario they the MTO have a " used vehicle package" that we need to buy when purchasing a used vehicle, Any one can buy it for any vehicle and it shows the owner history of the car on it with names. Does Alberta have something similar?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good luck with your search! I also would love to buy back my first red Supra. If you come across a 94 red/black C-spec in your search, please let me know!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Ontario they the MTO have a " used vehicle package" that we need to buy when purchasing a used vehicle, Any one can buy it for any vehicle and it shows the owner history of the car on it with names. Does Alberta have something similar?
When I called Alberta motors they were pretty much useless. She just laughed and said they have no information and carfax or car proof was way better than what they could provide.

I then said, "Yea well, I may as well still buy the record of the info you can make public just incase theres SOMETHING I could use as a lead." She just laughed again and said not to waste my time with their records as people don't "have" to register vehicles....

As weird as that sounds. She also said they do not provide information about previous owners....Sometimes I wish we had a DMV like the States, where all you need is 40 bucks and the VIN to get all the info including owners. Granted it's a catch 22 if you're a private person.

I've gotten the carfax for it and have been working off some leads...

I'm now contacting 2 mechanic shops that apparently serviced it in the past on carfax. I've also registered with 2 Calgary car forums so we'll see if that helps at all.

Of all places, supraforums is the best shot.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck with your search! I also would love to buy back my first red Supra. If you come across a 94 red/black C-spec in your search, please let me know!
Sounds good.

Did you ever run a carfax for 36 bucks just for S**t's and giggles?

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
...pop the hood!
948 Posts
did you hit up some of the supra/tuner fb pages?

hope you find it. let us know the outcome

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would but can't find my old VIN. :'(
Try calling your insurance or the motor vehicle department....the insurance should have it in their records. Worth a shot!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a C-spec. The owner may not even know.

1994, black on black. It was mostly unmolested when I let it go....almost BPU, no boost controller, so it may have some mods done to it since.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts