Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I search in the forums but i don't found the answer of my questions. Well, i have a 1994 supra tt with this setup HKS electronics valve controller, front mount intercooler, HKS BOV. The car has 42,000 miles and i don't want a big turbo for now. How many Horse power can i do with that setup??? Can i do anything in the twin turbo for produces more psi???? All suggestion is welcome. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably a good idea to ask the person who you would get to tune the car.
In this area nobody have experience with stock turbo setup. I told with the expert with supra and the only answer is "Make the car single turbo.....blablabla" but i want the twin turbo. Why???? I want to see the development of the car with twin and then in the future single turbo. I see in order thread that i can do the twin turbo run simultaneously, but i don't understand. What is the advantage of this???

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
To learn what you can do with stock turbos, read the FAQ here and it will tell you all about "BPU": www.mkiv.com

Yes you can go with AEM v2 but in my opinion that would be a waste on stock twins and a LOT more complicated since a knowledgeable tuner is required to make it work well. On the other hand, doing the basic BPU mods are simple, relatively cheap, and proven effective.

BPU is the lingo for basic performance upgrades to the stock twin setup. The basic BPU mods will get you into the (approx.) high 300 whp range on 93 oct pump gas at roughly 17psi boost; at the mkiv link above you'll read about the BCC which is required so the stock ECU doesn't hit you with fuel/boost cut since that limits you to about 11 psi. If you tank up on race gas, say 100 oct, you can boost as high as the stock twins can possible make and get well into the low 400whp range at about 21 psi or slightly above.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much. I have another questions: Do you have other link with information about the fuel cut defender??? I don't understand the functions of this. In other forums said that the cut defender cause many problems went run al full throttle. Thanks for your help man.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
as X said, forget the fuel cut defender thing and install a Greddy BCC. They come up for sale used, usually under $100 I think. I think SpeedForSale.com also sells their own version of the BCC.

Again on the mkiv.com site, this link describes why the BCC is a better way to get around fuel/boost cut than the fuel cut defender: http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc/why_bcc/Why_the_GReddy_BCC.htm

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have an AEM Gen 2 in my stock twins Supra. I installed twin intakes, a 4-row, an RMM downpipe and HKS Ti. I can control boost with the ECU [using a BCS controlled by the ECU] but cannot boost below 17.4lbs due to the wastegate design. Works for me...

[I overkilled the mods to prevent me from having to buy twice when I go single]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an AEM Gen 2 in my stock twins Supra. I installed twin intakes, a 4-row, an RMM downpipe and HKS Ti. I can control boost with the ECU [using a BCS controlled by the ECU] but cannot boost below 17.4lbs due to the wastegate design. Works for me...

[I overkilled the mods to prevent me from having to buy twice when I go single]
How many hp you have on your car with that setup???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.