Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hope someone has had experience with aftermarket Camshaft position sensors from Rockauto.
I recently did some work on my new to me Supra:
replaced all ignition coils and spliced in new connectors
replaced all injector seals
replace intake manifold seals
EGR delete (with block off plates)
and replaced the cracked Camshaft position sensors with these (More Information for ULTRA-POWER PC215)
which are a fraction of the cost of OEM (i know i know, always use OEM parts)

Put everything back together after cleaning it up etc...
Cranks, has fuel, has spark, but does NOT start.
Yes the car ran before but did not hold boost(i found an injector seal to be leaking) main reason i ripped this thing apart in the first place.

no DTC codes.
before i rip back into it and try the original sensors, i wanted to see if anyone else may have had a similar experience with aftermarket sensors where you have a spark and fuel but the engine just doesn't run and there are no codes.

Any constructive input is MUCH appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would try the OEM one, man.

Rockauto's 10$ cam sensor on a GTE is simply asking for trouble in my humble opinion.

At least, a denso cam sensor or a similar OEM supplier.

Just my 2¢.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
2jz powered
1,677 Posts
^^ I agree, don't cheap out and get the OEM cam sensor!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my problem is, i am not sure that these sensors are the issue since i have no DTC.
i wanted to confirm that someone else may have had the same experience (spark and fuel present with no start) before i spend the time to change them back to the stock ones... and at the end the problem is not fixed.
thanks

·
2jz powered
1,677 Posts
Have you check the maf?

·
From the land down under
4,390 Posts
If you measure the new sensor, compared to you OEM sensor, are they identical in size/length, and sit exactly the same distance from the pick ups?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you measure the new sensor, compared to you OEM sensor, are they identical in size/length, and sit exactly the same distance from the pick ups?
they are identical and their resistance is very close to one another, within 100 ohms

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just finished putting in the original sensors and im happy to say the car starts and purrs lile it should.
lesson learned.

·
From the land down under
4,390 Posts
Congratulations :)

Sensors arent somehwere you want to try and save money, but Im glad you got to the bottom of it quickly.

·
Registered
706 Posts
∆∆∆ awesome!!!! Yeah, for these cars - i have learnt as well, is to never cheap out under the hood stuff, denso, Aisin, OEM, etc etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts