Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like these cars, not bad and pretty cheap, what's the high's and lows on these cars? I can get one with 120,000 miles for 3,500 it's a 95 black and tan leather.

It' also manual.:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
I had two.

They're great cars to drive, very fun and very torquey (relatively speaking, of course). The weakpoint on the cars seem to be the transmission. The engines are diehard, with some Maximas seeing over 250k miles without rebuilds.

The man to talk to about Maximas is SF member doug.
-Brian.

A

·
0 Posts
For the money you really can't beat it. The next step up would be something like an ES 300 which, of course, is going to run you a bit more. V6 power, 4 doors, decent gas mileage, and sharp looks doesn't come cheap with the exception of the Maxima. Great car !! Good luck !!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,072 Posts
I have one too, a 97 SE. I love it, unfortunately it's an autotragic. :( But I'm hoping to do a transmission swap sometime soon, if I can find a 5spd with an LSD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Maxima is a 95, I love it to death. 180k miles and no problems whatsoever. The 02-03's are truely sleepers. A guy on Maxima.org broke into the 12's NA w/ his 02. Definantly don't sleep on these cars.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
kaneda said:
damn oversteer and understeer...
Yeah you always fuck that up.

I forgot to add:

There's a good deal of aftermarket support.

They weigh around 3100lbs (I think) which isn't heavy IMO.

I like the way they look for what they are. A mid-range jap 4 door. Looks much better than a camry, galant or accord.

02+ are also pretty quick stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
selling my car to carmax this morning, plan on picking one up for 3500-4000.

Don't care about racing man.....

Also looking at the 97-99 non turbo 3000gt's, I like the fin on the 97 and up but the 96 model doesn't come with one. What's the difference between a 96 and a 97 model?

I heard the NA ones last a pretty long time, I like how they look.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Put a turbo kit on it, these egines are pretty damn nice. A member here, that has a couple of posts had a Maxima with like 500WHP. Running custom turbo kit with 10-12PSI~ and nitrous. He even drove it a long time on stock clutch/transmition. Talk about sleeper! For the turbo kit you would need the 5-speed though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts