Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the damn pinstriping off my car!!! Any of you guys done this before??? It looks like it was painted on...any ideas on how to take it off without messing up the paint really bad? Please let me know...i want the gray pearl emblems:D :D

S

·
0 Posts
It is a vinyl sticker, It can be shaved off with a razorblade with no damage to the paint, in fact you wont be able to tell it was ever there, it just takes some time and elbow grease though.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i heard that it all depends on the color of the car... my dad's is black, and i heard that the pinstripe doesn't come off on a black car so easily. something about the paint coming off along with the pinstripe

·
Senior
1,474 Posts
I was advised by a body & fenderman not to do it on my 92 n/a. He said that the paint tends to cure such that there will be a line where the paper (or whatever) used to be. I chose to leave it. Are you good with polishing compound? Have a connection with a body shop? You might be able to swing it.

Y

·
0 Posts
If the car has been in the sun, you will see a faint line, but a good buffing will make it difficult for anyone else to see. Red will be the worst. There is a remover you can by at autoshops to break the adhesive, or a body shop might give you some from their 5 gallon can. I have heard peanut oil may work also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts