Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****Sale Pending****

For sale is my beautiful 1998 Supra Twin Turbo in rare Quicksilver (1 of 33) with Black Leather Interior, Targa Top, and 6 speed manual transmission. It is getting increasing challenging to find these cars unmodified, especially in Quicksilver, and this one is in factory stock form without modifications.

I am the second owner of the car. I purchased the car from the original owner, who lived here locally in sunny South Florida, three and a half years ago. My Supra has never been modified, tracked, raced, or abused. It has a clean and clear carfax report, never been in an accident (driver side VIN is missing though because a girl on a bicycle hit the fender and left a small dent on a crease that would have been hard for PDR to remove. The original owner was meticulous and wanted it to be perfect). Vehicle has been adult driven and meticulously maintained by Toyota dealers since new.

I have all the original books, keys, and OEM remote door opener. Car has 69,XXX original miles but honestly looks like a mid 30k mile car. My Supra is in overall excellent condition. Exterior has a few paint chips and a scratch that was touched up on the rear bumper but no dents that I know of. Polished wheels are in near perfect condition with minor curb rash. Paint is all original except the driver side fender that I mentioned earlier. Black leather interior has no signs of wear and tear and the leather is still soft with no cracks or tears. The original owner did the 60k mile maintenance before I bought the car. All electronics including switches, radio and other interior components are in perfect working order. The only problematic thing is the hatch release, which seems like a frequently occur event in the 98 modeled Supra’s.

My car has never been smoked in and has always been garaged and tucked safe under a cover when not driven. The original owner was meticulous to the point where he would put the removal dent stoppers on the side of the car when he had to park next to cars in a close parking lot. Since my ownership I have probably only put 1,500 miles on it and I haven’t driven it in the rain since I bought it.

Asking price $41,000 OBO

If you have any questions regarding my Supra please give me a call at (954) 914-3226 or email me at [email protected]. No trades, no low-ball offers or tire kickers please.

Thank you
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I don't know how desperate you are to sell, but you could tack on $20K to your asking price.

That's an absurd statement and easy to say when your lurking and not a buyer. Then it could sit around for sale month after month like all the other people that ask $10 - $20k too much. Last bone stock 6-speed '98 QS I sold to a customer right at 10k miles and sold for right at $50k. Car is priced fairly, especially consider mileage and not being an all matching Vin Supra.

I may have a customer that would be interested. I'll forward your number to him.

Regards,
Daniel

·
Administrator
17,264 Posts
Despite the clearly non hardtop nature of your car, I feel strangely tempted by it. ;)

·
Banned
128 Posts
if you deface that car by makeing it a hard top im liable to piss on your door mat:hay:

·
Registered
94 Posts
[That's an absurd statement and easy to say when your lurking and not a buyer. Then it could sit around for sale month after month like all the other people that ask $10 - $20k too much. Last bone stock 6-speed '98 QS I sold to a customer right at 10k miles and sold for right at $50k. Car is priced fairly, especially consider mileage and not being an all matching Vin Supra.

I may have a customer that would be interested. I'll forward your number to him.

Regards,
Daniel/QUOTE]

I totally disagree, a 98 quicksilver 6 speed with 24k just sold on ebay for $55,000 last week. The only car overpriced 10k is the 98 NA quicksilver for 29K on autotrader right now:1poke:

Good luck with the sale TT TRD, you should have no problem getting your asking price.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
I totally disagree, a 98 quicksilver 6 speed with 24k just sold on ebay for $55,000 last week. The only car overpriced 10k is the 98 NA quicksilver for 29K on autotrader right now:1poke:

Good luck with the sale TT TRD, you should have no problem getting your asking price.
Right so this car is worth $62k and like we can believe everything we see on ebay. If so, many times Ryan's Supras have set records on ebay, but some how often end up still for sale...

I've turned down my asking price for the NA QS several times because the car is not for sale. I'm sure in your book saying this car is fairly priced is bad mouthing the value of quicksilvers and saying that one of my cars is not for sale is just the same as "acting like it is gold." LOL! Grow up!

Sorry for the offtopic!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Right so this car is worth $62k and like we can believe everything we see on ebay. If so, many times Ryan's Supras have set records on ebay, but some how often end up still for sale...

I've turned down my asking price for the NA QS several times because the car is not for sale and just forgot to cancel the Trader ad. However, I believe you have or had an NA QS TT conversion that was overpriced
Actually, the QS Hardtop sold for $60k, to the gentleman that bought the 24k quicksilver on ebay for $55,000. It's funny how you sit there and lowball/badmouth the value of a quicksilver, but then you act like a NA quicksilver is like gold. VIP ROCKS

·
Registered
50 Posts
I believe this car would sell easily because it's "stock". Few dings here and there are to be expected with 69k mile car. People expect to sell their cars for more money by modifying it and making it to a couple magazines, I just thought that's a little funny.

Dave, I would buy your car if I could get rid of mine. Goodluck with the sale.

Thanks,
Allan

·
Registered
72 Posts
why dont we stop arguing about what it should sell for, and watch to see if it does, or does not sell :)

free bump for a clean car.

·
Administrator
17,264 Posts
Dave,

If you want me to clean up this thread (including my own posts), just let me know.

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have taken a deposit and the sale is pending. I will keep those who called, emailed, and pm'ed me updated.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have taken a deposit and the sale is pending. I will keep those who called, emailed, and pm'ed me updated.

WOW!! 5 F-in hours and sold already!!!

NUFF SAID!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.