Name: Ali Dorri
Email: [email protected]
City: los angeles
State: CA
Zip: 90013
Phone optional: buy me a drink first.
Price: 40,000

NO TRADES. No financing. Cash deal.

This is my car for 19 years. I am the second owner and this is my baby. i love it. My wife wanted me to sell it, I said no. Now, my wife is pregnant and I have to rethink. So, the car is worth more than my wife, but not as much s my wife and kid. I'm going to be the most honest seller cause I want this car to go to the best home.

I will start with all the bad about the car because I want you to be fully aware of the small cosmetic items:
1. The Targa top needs to be tightened every 20 minutes. it's a 22 year old car, so i am sure some of the rubber parts needs to be replaced to stay stiff. A mechanic or someone with a good know how should be able to fix it easy.
2. There is a scuff on the front left bumper area. should be able to buff it off.
3. The cigarette lighter doesn't work. This is common and shouldn't be difficult to fix.
4. The bulb on the right part of the AC buttons probably burnt or something. it's hard to see the right three buttons.
5. One rim is missing a cap. Don't know what happened, but it should be easy enough to find a design you like.
6. Small ding on the front right side.
7. There is two bugs somehow got into my rear lights. They have been there for 11 years. Should be easy enough to get them out.
8. the automatic stick (or whatever you like to call it) has a bit of a peel in it. remember, it is 22 years old.
9. the inside handle is lifted a bit. Needs to be glued back down.
10. the driver door lock eventually needs to get replaced. This lock is usually good for 20 years. I already replaced the ignition lock 2 years ago.
11. rear driver side window needs to be reset. you can see what i mean in the pictures.
12. There is a small leak when it rains hard. It's los angeles, so it doesn't rain enough for me to find where the leak is.

The good:
1. it's a 1998 supra in original paint of jade green.
2. Clean title
3. Front headlights are the glass ones. The plastic ones went yellow and didn't like to buff it out all the time. Looks great.
4. Changed the acc sensor and the brake fluid rotater thingy. These two items go bad after 120k.
5. After market exhaust which sounds great and smog legal in california, i have the original exhaust too.
6. Rims are awesome!!! Mandalay sport. They are 18 years old and still look great. 18" rims.
7. it has lowjack, if they are still in business.
8. Never stolen, never been in accident except a small rear end where i had to get a new bumper and repainted.
9. As i was taking pictures on the street, i got three compliments. Everyone loves this beauty. EVERYONE WILL BE JEALOUS. including me when i sell it.

Link to more photos

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People started offering higher than my sales price on other sale sites. A lot of negotiation ING and so forth. People can give an offer of 90% my sale price and I will take that into consideration. I am getting a lot of replies from people that want to fly in. I would rather sell it to someone on the site though.
Turns out, this is like the only supra that is left hand drive under 50k in the market.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a few TT/aristo swapped clean title LHD ones going for 40-45k on facebook, albeit yours is very clean. GLWS
I got an offer that was close, but not there yet. I am surprised those ones on facebook isn't selling for 40k.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, there was a really clean GTE/r154 swapped one for 45k. Had a bunch of likes and stuff on the ad but wasn't sold yet when I asked. The rest were just not posted ads so people didn't really know about them.

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
People started offering higher than my sales price on other sale sites. A lot of negotiation ING and so forth. People can give an offer of 90% my sale price and I will take that into consideration. I am getting a lot of replies from people that want to fly in. I would rather sell it to someone on the site though.
Turns out, this is like the only supra that is left hand drive under 50k in the market.
Good luck on that method of selling. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush as they say.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I pretty much don't know what i am doing at selling. I really never sold a car before. let's see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
10,710 Posts
If someone offers you 40k will you even sell is my concern.
OP,

See above.

So let me get this straight. You put the car up for sale for $35k on this board, receive offers from other sites, according to you, that were higher than your $35k ask on here, refused all such offers and increased your asking price to $40k on SF as a result?

Since, according to you, this is your first time selling a car, you may, or may not, be familiar with the concept of "bait and switch". That is exactly what you're doing here and it is greatly frowned upon by SF for sale practices and those who moderate this forum. I'll mark this down as palpable inexperience, but if you commit the same sin again, this thread will not survive as a means to marketing your car to the general masses. I hope you understand the message here.

Ken.

·
Blue Thunder
3,651 Posts
GLWS dude.

B

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
A friend went to go see this car on Saturday. OP are you going to disclose the fact that the car was rear ended and repainted?

·
Blue Thunder
3,651 Posts
A friend went to go see this car on Saturday. OP are you going to disclose the fact that the car was rear ended and repainted?
As seen above in OP....

8. Never stolen, never been in accident except a small rear end where i had to get a new bumper and repainted.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,485 Posts
As seen above in OP....

I missed that

Reactions: 1982 dragon

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Could your friend tell if it was it fixed properly? Rear ended could have been as small as a scuffing or hitting suspension components or worse ...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Go figure, one of maybe three colors I'd consider a Mk4 in, if I were buying one for myself. Fortunately for my wallet, I'm not in the market.

Good luck with the sale and the future addition to the family OP, the car is quite the looker. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.