Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've just held one again, I'm quite taken by the 1998 TT steering wheel, and would like to upgrade to it from my 1995 model. I'd previously heard that it was not a simple swap but heard new information saying that the airbag may be the only non "plug and play" connection of the group. I like the 3 spoke design a lot, and also REALLY like the fact that it has the cruise control buttons integrated like the older wheel.

Airbag compatibility isn't exactly at the top of my list (mainly because I wear glasses when driving) but I'll admit it would be nice to retain it in the case of a SERIOUS accident. Can anyone here tell me if they've done the swap, and if so, how much they paid for the 1998 steering wheel? Thanks in advance! :)

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
BRKNDLW said:
One of the 50 reasons I bought an older supra is because I love the four spoke look. I hate 3 spoke steering wheels. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, to each his own. Good luck anyway.

:D
No luck needed .just the right info is all thats required.

FWIW :The TRD 3 SPOKE steering wheel looks badass over the 4 spoke design.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
elmtoyparts, what is the price on that newer style wheel and what is involved in swapping it out? I really like the 98 style also! You can PM me if you prefer not to talk price here. Thanks!

H

·
0 Posts
parboy said:
elmtoyparts, what is the price on that newer style wheel and what is involved in swapping it out? I really like the 98 style also! You can PM me if you prefer not to talk price here. Thanks!
Part # 45100-14650-CO strg wheel List $924.18 Cost $650.06
Part # 45130-14360-CO air bag List $566.30 Cost $443.77

Even at those prices I'd still by the TRD wheel ,or find a used one.

{my old wheel/air bag is not for sale,I have the TRD one on now}

As for swapping ,only thing needed is to change the air bag plug.

Curt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts