Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 White NA Hardtop, rare 1 of 36, tastefully modded, 75k miles
White 1998 Toyota Supra NA Hardtop with 75k original miles in excellent condition inside and out and mostly stock with a few tasteful upgrades and a clean title

I have owned this car since 2005. This Supra is extremely rare (1of 36) hardtops made in 1998 for the US market. Probably, only a few came in white. The hardtops are lighter and provide more structural rigidity than the targa tops. The targas can have a tendency to leak and make noise over time. Everything on the car works with ice cold A/C. This is the best platform for performance and handling. I set this car up to be ready for a turbo kit, supercharger kit or an engine/transmission swap. If you do a swap properly, this car’s value will raise with the money that you put into it. I’m hoping to find a buyer that can do a proper GTE swap with a single turbo that does not have to deal with the CA smog laws. Or, leave it as is and drive it. The paint is original and in excellent condition. This car comes with durable cloth seats with a special, unique pattern only for the 1998 model year. This car has been very well cared for and maintained since my ownership in 2005 and I have all receipts, maintenance records and a clean car fax report. This car is always garaged and detailed regularly via clay bar and wax. I use 303 Aerospace to keep the trim and plastics looking new. I always use Mobil One synthetic for oil changes. This car is babied and always driven gently until fully warmed up. This car is extremely reliable, starts up every time and has never left me stranded. I really do not want to sell this car, I know I will regret it and really miss it but it is time to move on to something more practical.

Tasteful Mods:

Wings West front lip
Tein SS coilovers
18 by 9 inch and 18 by 10.5 inch SSR SP1 wheels with the +30 and +31 offset (The stance of this car looks awesome and the lip on the rear wheels is about 4.5inches)
BF Goodrich 18/275/35 and 18/235/40 tires with plenty of tread left (This is a $3,500.00 wheel and tire package)
Twin Turbo brakes all around
Goodrich stainless steel brake lines
New K&N drop in air filter

Recent maintenance:

Timing belt
Radiator hoses
Coolant
Thermostat
Transmission and Differential fluid
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Transmission mount

Issues:

There is a little bit of vibration when in drive and stopped. This does not affect drivability. New motor mounts will resolve the issue. The driver’s side headlight has some rust on the large chrome ring and the passenger side has a minor amount that is not too visible(very common issue with Supra headlights).

This car seems to go up in value every year.
Kelly Blue Book private value is at $26,531.00 and retail value at $29,231.00

Asking: $26,000

Name: Sheldon
Email: [email protected]
Phone:415 297 2047
City: Fremont
State: CA
Zip: 94555

·
Car guy
803 Posts
Good looking Supra, I just pm'd you. John

·
Registered
57 Posts
interested!

pls confirm - all vins in place, original paint, original interior? any body work?

Please also let me know if there is any tears, cuts, or other damage/wear to the interior panels.

thanks,

jb

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hardtops in any year in this condition are rare...glad I have one! :)

Good luck to whomever receives this gem!

·
Registered
133 Posts
So is the car officially sold, always wanted a hardtop

·
Car guy
803 Posts
So is the car officially sold, always wanted a hardtop
The car is sold to me, I'm picking it up next week. Going to swap it to 6-speed vvti-gte w/small single, gotta keep the collection going!

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.