2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD GSX Turbo “Targa Top”

Previous rated HP: 503whp 460lbs torque on 93 octane
¼ time: 11.7 @ 123 on a 380whp tune with 93 octane
Current chassis mileage: 100,000
Sale price: $22,000 obo

Performance:

- Newly built 2.4L Magnus Motorsports Motor 8.5:1 compression, Eagle Rod/Ross Piston combo. Compression 154,152,158,155 Leakdown 4%6%4%5%
- 200 mile old Stock 1G Head with oversize valves and Cometic head gasket (upgraded for more flow)
- 272 HKS Cams
- AMS GT35 Turbo with Tial 46mm External Gate 4" Inlet
- Florida Performance Tubular Manifold
- Magnus Sheetmetal Intake Manifold
- FIC 950cc Injectors
- Race-Built 5spd trans with custom Transmission Oil Cooler/Pump setup
- 28x3.5x11 Bar/Plate FMIC
- Custom 2.5” short-routed fmic piping
- AEM EMS Engine Management Computer
- Custom 3.5” TurboBack exhaust with 4” QTEC Exhaust Noise Eliminator valve (operatable from inside the cabin).
- Additional rear 5Gal Race Fuel tank with Walboro 255hf pump and –8an lines (currently not connected).
- Intake Walboro 255hf pump
- Setrab External Oil Cooler with Oil Filter Relocation Kit
-Fluidine Radiator with Slimfans
- And more…

Interior/Exterior

- Wheels: Enkei RP-2 17x9.5 with 255/45 BFGoodrich TK/D all around
- Custom built Targa Top with fully functional 16-pt rollcage and under carriage support structures
o Removable Targa Top stowes in trunk
o Removable cross-link cowl stabilizer bar
- Tein Flex Coilovers all around
- RM Sway bar up front
- RRE 1” Sway bar in back
- AEM Brake Rotors in front
- Sparco Junior Race Seats
- Brand new carpet and interior trim pieces
- Stock radio. All electronic accessories work. No Cruise control. No AC.
- Grade A Carbon Fiber Hood

Status/Condition of car:

Car was involved in a flood early in its life (Salvage title, re-inspected at NJ DMV with a Rebuilt title which is fully street legal). The entire car was stripped down to the bare chassis and rebuilt from the ground up. The old 6-bolt motor worked flawlessly to the tune of 500 horses on an everyday use. New motor was installed with hopes of achieving more power, yet time constraints have put the project on hold.

With the in-cabin QTEC exhaust noise control valve, driver can minimize exhaust noise to barely audible. Within seconds of flipping an electronic switch, the valve will open the exhaust for full flow (and increase in volume).

The new motor has 8000 miles, and has only seen cruise and part throttle. This motor has NOT seen boost. It has been broken in properly and babied up till now. The only missing component for this car is a proper AEM tune, which has been omitted due to interests in other projects at the time being. Buyer is responsible for tuning the AEM to his liking. Mechanically and electronically, this car is in pristine shape. The engine bay, undercarriage and interior are extremely clean.

The car has no oil leaks, no coolant leaks, no electrical gremlins, no smoking, no bugs, no targa-top water leaks, no mechanical issues at all. Very reliable daily cruiser with the power to spare. Original paint is a 9/10. Interior is 9/10. No accidents as I’ve owned this vehicle since it was brand new. Garage kept and well maintained.

The car will be sold as is with no warranties implied. The car will leave my hands in its current state/condition which has been deemed reliable and problem free for over 3 years. Any AEM tuning is the responsibility of the purchaser. Current AEM tune allows for full cruising and idle, NO FULL THROTTLE. Seller not responsible for buyer neglect and improper tuning/use of vehicle. Test drive available upon request. Customer will arrange all shipping costs.

MORE information/photos/history of car can be seen at http://www.twingles.com/ideck

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
139 Posts
FLsupraguy said:
I dont think the price is THAT unrealistic, this car is basically the DSM's of DSM's, well atleast as a 2G.
A reliable DSM alone is worth 22k :). let alone, one with 500hp and being reliable!! ahahahha j/k ;)

STill, looks real nice, turned into a 'targa top' turbo, which is unique, and it looks well built overall. :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Dre- you probably don't remember me, but i saw you a few times at nanuet about 3 years ago along with Dave Fogarty. Sorry to see the car go.

I saw this car in person and looks great. I even saw it in action, damn fast!

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I remember Dave. Long time!

I have been hunting for a Supra again, but sold my previous supra to purchase a house. Now, I'm looking to get out of the DSM game and just buy a nice car that I can lock in my garage for years. Heh.

Anyway, this car is extremely reliable. It isn't like some dsms that creek or make bump noises when you drive. Very tight, clean and smooth on the road. If you crank in the racegas and tune it, I don't see why it can't support 700hp as is. (its been done before, especially now with a 2.4l ).

Still, I'de like to get $22k for it. I think its worth it, in my eyes. Nothing like it on the road. Clean lines, no body kit, and a targa roof. Great summer car. I have it on a few places, waiting for someone to give me an offer.

·
Proud Supporter of NE2K9
661 Posts
I can add the 2.4L engine he's running is the beast of all 4cyl engines! I use it in my car and spool big turbos faster than my Supras 3.0 engines! The turbo he's running is a little on the small side but will be insanly streetable and powerfull for a car you can drive everyday. I run a full 66mm turbo with a .70 housing on my 2.4L and am planted in my seat on the street at 4000rpm!

·
Garage Queen Club
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump.. I need to room, $18k takes it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts