Supra Forums banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
i want that turbo and manifold setup. it just occured to me that the Na-T cars might be good candidates for water cooled intercoolers with the stock intake manifolds.
Funny you mention A/W intercooling. I just fabbed up a Intercooler Spray Bar. I will use it in between Quarter Mile Passes. Consists of 3 M20 equivalent meth nozzles.

Video of it Spraying.
https://youtu.be/hieAnxpmH2o

·
Registered
806 Posts
holy shit. can you do a write-up on this?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Funny you mention A/W intercooling. I just fabbed up a Intercooler Spray Bar. I will use it in between Quarter Mile Passes. Consists of 3 M20 equivalent meth nozzles.

Video of it Spraying.
https://youtu.be/hieAnxpmH2o
that's cool but i was more talking about an air to water cooler with a pump that cycles the heated water to a heat exchanger somewhere. this means you can keep your intercooler in the bay which means you can reduce the piping by like 60%. I'm pretty much sold on the idea. the pressure drop is 20 times less compared to a FMIC and you get to free up that space to get all those other coolers more air.

like this

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Just got back from the Track. Due to no safety equipment ( cage etc..) Tech guy made me a deal. Keep the car over 11.50 and the last pass he would let me run the car out. My only Full run. Boost was at 28psi so I am not quite on full kill (31.5psi). Still did better than I had hoped for.

Time Slip

'

Lawrence

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sick....all I have to say is these motors are so impressive it's not even funny .almost pointless to to do a full gte swap with your car as proof not to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you still running the stock intake box? You have one of the best looking na-t engine bays I've seen. Did the stock air box plumbing line up with the treadstone manifold?

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Took the car to the track and had a bit of damage. Ended up Breaking 3 main caps. Still drove the car 2+hrs back home and around for a week before I pulled the engine and found the source of the noise. Car was cutting out a bit. Started to throw Sync errors of the last two passes. This pass the car was breaking up and throwing a few timing errors the entire pass. I had to turn the boost down to 23psi and still breaking up quite a bit. Still managed to run a 9 on just 23psi breaking up. This pass was leaving the line at 3,800rpm/12.5psi. Tried another Pass, but the main caps were already cracked and registering knock. Launched at 4k/15psi and it hooked even better. Broke up during the entire launch but still cut a 1.51 60'. Not sure what caused the main caps to break, Likely had something to do with the Sync errors during significant torque/Load (700+ft). I am putting together another engine to make it out to the 1/2 mile event on the 25th.

Lawrence
The cutting out breaks the main caps. The same thing happened with two of my friends. With the stock main caps at these power levels, it's crucial not to get ignition misfire, or else you will break the caps.

Very inspirational build and great job on the transmission. I think one of the big things that is keeping the transmission alive is the stock ECU controlling it.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts