Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking for a decent sized tire (no stretched) look, for the rear wheels. I was looking at the relatively new Advan AD08, but I was informed that they did not have any width larger than 275. Is 275 a decent size for 19x10? Or should I be going with other brands which have 285/295+?

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
with 10 rear you can run 285 without a problem, even 295.. i run 275 on my 9.5 rear

· Is it turbo? Is it stick?
5,315 Posts
Depends what you want... a 275 will be nice and square on a 10" wheel... a 285 will start to bulge a bit, and a 295 will be definitely bulging. Its possible to fit any of them, along with wider and narrower, but it depends what look and performance goals you have...

5,315 Posts
If you want, spend some time on here on one of the many wheel threads and try to find photos of someone who has the sizes you're considering to get an idea of what it looks like.

· Registered
377 Posts
i have 235/35 and 245/35 on my 10's

all depends on what your offset is. mine is +20 in the rear and +12 in front. so fat tires wont work on mine. im sure your wheels are more of the typical supra offset of like +45 or something high

· (Rare & Unique)
5,007 Posts
I run a 285/30 on one of my cars setup. Same tire sizes from different companies tend to have slight variences such as BFG and their meaty threads ( i have em). Some fit nice and square while some are rounded. Do your research but i like a wider setup anyday

5,315 Posts
Yeah I dont know from experience but I'd expect a tire with a shorter sidewall like a 30 to not be as quick to bulge if you go with a 285 on a 10" wheel just because its going to be smaller and stiffer, so that might give you a square look as well, but I still think a 275 will also be square and not look stretched.
My experience is that on a 18x10.5" wheel a 295/35/18 bulged, a 275/35/18 stretches, which is why I'm planning to try a 285/35/18 next and am pretty convinced it will be nice and square. My setup has more sidewall than yours will so it will react a little differently, but hopefully it helps anyway.
1" = 25mm which means that 1/2" = ~10mm, so you can use that for a rough guess on how things will work.

The others are correct that some tires run narrow or wide though.

· Registered
50 Posts
<----- 285-30 / 19 rear and 245-35 /19 front.... and make sure you get lined up by a professional. I found some badass tires for the rear at a lil used tire stop once. Just check around b4 you buy. lol But had I known what I know now I would not have even gotten 19's simply due to the price of tires and 18" rims you have many more tire choices.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
like everyone said, go with a 285/30 or 285/35. i actually just picked up a set of nitto 555r 285/35's. those should give you a larger tire in the back but without a large bulge.

· Registered
50 Posts
same here I have pix of my 275 - 35 / 19's and pix of my 285 -30's both beefy! any stager fit is gonna look better. its personal preference. I went 19's all around but got wider rims and tires for back.... Theres NO bulging, rubbing, or anything gay like that. Some will say size will effect how you spin or take off... I think its the driver! depending on ur weather conditions too and pressures. suspension ect....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.