Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would a 19x9.5 rim with the offset of 37+ with 275/30 tires fit on a mark 3? i saw a set for sale for a decent price so i was wondering if anybody knew if this setup would fit with stock ride height. thanks

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yah sorry for any who read this first, the offset is 37+ not 44+ my bad.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
is ur car lowered? what kinda of rims? do you have a big brake set up? Answer these and ur qustions answer will prevail

Matt

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hmm... I'm running 18x8.5 at +37 and I get mild rubbing up front on hard turns. And I'm running stock suspension... I think you'll be running a tad bit tight with that setup. I'm sure there's a few guys that will be able to confirm that...

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
the fronts will probably rub

can you try them on? they might be ok.

I recall dr.j fitting 275s on 9.5s all around on a mkiii on tt rims and working.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
9.5 wheels with 37 offset will definitely rub in the front.

19" wheels with 30 series tires and stock ride height will look rediculous on a Supra, why don't you make sure they spin while you're at it!

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
^^^ ehehehehheheheeeee haaah aaaaahahahahaaaaaa *spinnerz*

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
*Hops on soap box*

What every one of you has to understand that offsets and fitments are going to be different for EVERY wheel and EVERY manufacturer. We all can say that yes it should or it might, but without knowing who made it, what the model is, and maybe a picture.

For example, take two wheels. Both of them are 18x10 and both are a +44 offset. Both are different manufacturers. They will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT, fit the same. So aside from putting them on your car or finding someone that has them, you aren't going to be able to get a straight answer, only estimates and guesses.

*Off soap box*

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k no more bullshit, the rims are volks, (no fucking ghetto shit there, OR spinners) my suspension and brakes are both stock right now, stock tems and turbo brakes, etc etc. so make of it what you will, and if you people dont have something half intelligent or helpful to add to this conversation, then go do something else, thanks for anybody who has given some intelligent insight.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
NecroCyde said:
k no more bullshit, the rims are volks, (no fucking ghetto shit there, OR spinners) my suspension and brakes are both stock right now, stock tems and turbo brakes, etc etc. so make of it what you will, and if you people dont have something half intelligent or helpful to add to this conversation, then go do something else, thanks for anybody who has given some intelligent insight.

thanks
Which Volks? Even they have different offsets for different models of their wheels.

Bullshit posts have been deleted.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Trent you going around cleaning house again? why can't you leave it alone, it was all in good fun.

Question I do have is 18x9 with a +12 Offset for the front. How far will that stick out with 255/40 tires. Also, Mike Urbano (sp) got those fender flairs for the MKIII, who makes em and where he got em from?

·
Registered
383 Posts
PIONEER said:
Trent you going around cleaning house again? why can't you leave it alone, it was all in good fun.

Question I do have is 18x9 with a +12 Offset for the front. How far will that stick out with 255/40 tires. Also, Mike Urbano (sp) got those fender flairs for the MKIII, who makes em and where he got em from?
He fashioned them himself using only an old head gasket and a grilled cheese sandwich. :hail:

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
PIONEER said:

Yeah it was in good fun, but it was offensive to the original poster. You want to post stuff like that, put it in off topic or don't post it at all. I'm not cleaning house, i'm being respectful to those that make an honest and good post and want an honest and good answer.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes they are 19 inch volk GTC's, they are 9.5 inches wide with a 37+ offset to be exact the tires they are bundled with are yoko 275/30/zr19s would they fit my 88 turbo with a stock ride height trent? thanks?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
NecroCyde said:
yes they are 19 inch volk GTC's, they are 9.5 inches wide with a 37+ offset to be exact the tires they are bundled with are yoko 275/30/zr19s would they fit my 88 turbo with a stock ride height trent? thanks?
Well I've got another question for you if they are GT-C's. Are they Face 1's or Face 2's? There are different looks and the spokes work different.

On the front, I wouldn't do more than a 8.5". This is what Volk Recommends:

For Face 1:

19x8.5" offset +39
19x9.5" offset +34

For Face 2:

19x8.5" offset +43
19x9.5" offset +37

I'm assume because you have a +37 from the seller that they are Face 2. But I wouldn't do any wider than 8.5 on the front. I'll keep checking the thread for your response, but find out what face they are and what the front fitment is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts