Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the next one that is going under the knife for some tlc. this is a 1a1 car with all vins intact even all original etched windows. she has a total of 123k miles. original black interior. some small bpu stuff on it with coilovers and a front lip. not to many things. i think 2 owner. no bad history in her report. came up from atl. how about those wheels some nice stuff right there.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i work at home. and i fix the shit ppl did to these cars over the years. i handle all interior problems parts source suspension brakes and over assessment for the next 2 steps. next being overall engine maintenance seals and all stuff on that side. then next would be the body shop. but before the body shop the car has to be reassessed to finalize the process of how to handle the work correctly. just meaning what we should do and the best way to handle the car. after they are done there they come back to me to review everything and reinstall the interior. going over ever correct clip nut bolt screw screw cap is in place and correct for what is suppose to be there and in place. it really drives me nuts. but to see what the finished product is when done right is worth the time and frustration. after that they are either given back to the owner or if they belong to us they are put away.

see the thing is even with the best shops i have seen cars missing small things and small details overlooked here and there. so i prefer to do things my way. having done so many of these, i know them just all to well. but to each there own on what there level is on there car. if i am going to do it i want to go all the way thru and see everything done right. and after having soooooooooooooooooooo many problems with so called performance shops i have gone this route of retiring these back to stock. i hate to say this but i just do not trust shops anymore. i can never get anything done in a reasonable time frame. and when they do get something done its NEVER DONE RIGHT! so i went back to stock route. fuck it.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
plans for her.

powder coat all black parts
wiper arms - strut rings - hood prop - radiator stays
oem new dash panels
newer headlights
front oem lip
oem suspension
oem smic
oem full exhaust
oem new ac buttons
oem new center console
oem water pump
oem timing belt
oem rear main seal
oem air box
oem radio
newer oem black seats
wet sand and buff out all lights
full paint job with all windows out except the windshield "has vin"

this being the short list off the top of the head.
she's not bad she just needs love for age.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Damn can't wait to see the finished product

·
Registered
945 Posts
That is very cool. Curious though I am going to be doing a full repaint and i am 99% sure all my glass is original as well. I was going to pull the front window out though for paint, do you not think that should be done? I assume at risk of breaking it is your thinking, I just want to do it right and it sounds like you are a perfectionist, so if it doesn't need to be pulled that makes my life easier

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would not pull it. any glass guy can tell you it is a 50 50 as far as getting it out and not breaking it. tape back the moldings as far as they can. i just think it is to risky if it is a oem windshield. mine has a factory etched vin number in it. so i am not even going to think about it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
plans for her.

powder coat all black parts
wiper arms - strut rings - hood prop - radiator stays
oem new dash panels
newer headlights
front oem lip
oem suspension
oem smic
oem full exhaust
oem new ac buttons
oem new center console
oem water pump
oem timing belt
oem rear main seal
oem air box
oem radio
newer oem black seats
wet sand and buff out all lights
full paint job with all windows out except the windshield "has vin"

this being the short list off the top of the head.
she's not bad she just needs love for age.

I hope you have already picked up some of these parts since many are discontinued.

·
JZA80
3,121 Posts
Glad to see you back, looking forward to what you do with this one! ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would not pull it. any glass guy can tell you it is a 50 50 as far as getting it out and not breaking it. tape back the moldings as far as they can. i just think it is to risky if it is a oem windshield. mine has a factory etched vin number in it. so i am not even going to think about it.
I was going to pull the windshield but now you are making me second guess it... Have vins on all windows as well...

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Damn man, I would love to check out this collection in person one day!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Car looks like a great foundation! can't wait to see the progress

53 Posts
The hatch glass is actually more difficult to remove without breaking than the windshield, especially if the hatch has rust. A good glass guy shouldn't have trouble with the windshield but there is always the chance. I remember seeing this car on CL, good deal. Nice to see someone is taking care of it well. 1a1's are badass. Keep it up!

Dan

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fast turbo. we might be able to work something out some time. your just down the road for me.

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
I would love to see another really nice NA build out of this! A beautifully welded long tube header, custom ground cams and so on! That's just me, thinking outside the box lol. Either way, it's nice to see it being restored!

Casey

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
816 Posts
Hah, wrong thread! Thought I posted in his one with the NA.

Carry on...:)

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
z33c,

This car appears to be quite the find. I can't tell from the pics but, if the paint is in decent shape, you should be able to bring it back to most, if not all, of its former glory. The paint on my anthracite metallic car has really responded well to lots of TLC. This car will turn out fantastic if the work on your other cars is any indication.

Ken.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts