Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more that is seeing some love over here. this one came from supra master vu. this car came from ca 1 owner car. original 40k miles all vins intact. few small bolt on parts. the reason for grabbing this car was the 1a1 color. it is just so rare we figured why not. plus all vins intact and a 5 speed with 40k on it. all seem to be a plus to me. she's not bad. but as you will see the age just has got to the paint. so once again. we are going down the road of restore here. so here guys what do you think?

battery went BANGGGGG!!!!! at some point.

its all the same stuff as the other cars. just a full clean up. back to stock form. once i get some time i will dig in and get everything going. sourcing out parts ahead of time. so i have a reason to sit down and dig into her. i hate getting going and only having an hour or 2 worth of work. it makes me lose interest.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think you need to stop buying supras so there are some left :)

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gutted out the interior. no real surprises some shity stereo wiring. thats it so far. i know there is a alarm in the dash i will have to chase down.

whyyyyy the wires????????

name plate on the dash. i hope this cleans up well......

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next up pull out all the usual stuff for powder coating
wiper arms
strut rings
radiator stays
battery tie down
hood prop
pulleys due to battery explode

remove all lights for wet sand and buff

major detailing under hood

clean rug and seats

remove alarm and clean up

remove exhaust and swap back to oem

·
Matt S.
70 Posts
Nice work and will keep an eye on the progress. Reminds me of what I did when I first picked up my 1A1.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wait your in ct you have a hardtop. was this the hardtop tt car that was sold by the toyota dealer about 5 years ago? greenwich ct i know that dealer was right in that area. did you get that car????? i wanted to know what happened to that car for years now. i was going to go see it but i was to late. if so good for you i hope she has a happy home now. would love to see that thing some time if its the same car. if i remember right it had about 75k miles???

·
Boost Creep
3,491 Posts
Man that hatch rust is so common, had it on my first black car. Definitely some sort of factory flaw.

·
JZA80
3,120 Posts
What does the text say on the nameplate?

·
Matt S.
70 Posts
That is not the car I purchased. I picked mine up from the original owner about a year and half ago. I am not interested to know where that car is too as I have never seen it around.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was wondering who bought that. I picked mine up from vu as well lol

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
started off with this

replace with this

jacked up

i found this just dirt.

all cleaned up and back in place

did some cleaning still a lot to go

thanks to
exhaust form nycsupra
oem power antenna from oemdude
oem front bumper emblem from allmotorrp7

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the plan today was to remove this lip and replace it. but they did not reuse the lip brackets. so that plan kind of went to the side. and i started cleaning and assessing the next steps. O boy.

and that is how it looked when i started.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

after a bit of cleaning. i did a bunch more but these were the last pics i took

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Cory,

VERY nice work, man. I am like you. I cannot work on a dirty car and it never ceases to amaze me how many dirty engine compartments there are in the builds forum....and the for sale forum as well for that matter. Cleaning also helps you find little things that can be fixed that are hidden by years of dirt and lack of care. Keep up the great work, bud.

Ken.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
now for some bad news here.

the money shot. but i found it like this. and was not going to risk losing this little baby.

after i clean this thing i taped the vin in place with some good clear tape.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i agree ken all to much. and no one will do it the way you want to do it. and as i do more and more i get better and better and learn new ways of getting better end results. great to hear from you also by the way.

also wait and see the next pics. i got all crazy with the cleaning. pulled out the brushes and went to town over and over again.

·
"Ze Germans"
451 Posts
Unbelievable how you've saved the VIN-Tag! You sir, are my hero.

·
1%er
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
carpet removed for cleaning
seats front & rear removed for cleaning
lights removed for refinishing
wheels sent out for refinishing
intake cleaned
all small parts sent for powder coating

next up
remove alarm and fix all wires