Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do a 1ggte swap into an 1986 MKII? What all will I need? I got the motor and 5 speed tranny. Let me know!

·
Super Moderator
10,161 Posts
Theoretically anything is possible, but very little is known about the 1G-GTE here in the states as nobody wants to swap to a 2.0L. It'd be a sweet engine for a MK2 though.
There's been 2JZ-GTE, 1JZ-GTE, and 7M-GTE swaps into MK2's so theres no reason it couldn't be made to work.
I know that's not much help, I wish I knew more about the 1G-GTE...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
The MK2 came with the 1G-GE in Japan, so I'd assume it's pretty possible to swap in a 1G-GTE, but I don't know what parts would be needed, etc.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yep Jeff's got it... they came with the 1gge stock so i would say engine mounts for the mk2... i might have a source for stock ones i'll find out for ya... wiring harness, ecu then splice n dice for the dash to work

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yep.. we got engine mounts for a 1ggte for a mk2 (ones that are on the block) will you need the actual mounts as well?

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
guy on celicasupra.com that has a 1ggte in his mkii. ft lauderdale area. about to swap it out in favor of a 1jzgte.

·
Registered
620 Posts
You may have an issue with the oilpan. 1Gs came with 3 or 4 different pans, depending on vehicle and year. Good thing is that becuase of this, you can make one fit in almost anything.

Also, just like the 7M over here, there was a change in the wiring harnesses (around 91 IIRC)...

Speaking of 1Gs...

Does anybody know how long they are? Specifically, from the end of the crank pulley to the back of the block.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts