Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Con Clavi Con Dio
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am thinking of importing an 86 Soarer. I just start researching and asking around. So I want some opinions.

Option 1 is a 1g which would be cheaper to buy. But would be hard to get parts for. and has oiling issues like the 7m ,don't know about head gaskets .It is also underpowered for car weight. No r154

Option 2 is a 7m which is more expensive, Has all the 7m issues that I would have to fix before I even boosted it , but is way easier to get parts for and I have experience with 7m's. comes with r154

I already have a rhd a70 subframe to swap a jz in so I am thinking either motor will only be in for a year tops.
I am going to have/want to drive the car for a bit before I get swap hence all the internal debate

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Ever tried to find parts for a 1G? Non existent this side of the pond...go 7M Matt. Cool as hell car...I'll be interested to see how your importation goes...as I'd like one as well.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
id go with option 3, the RHD 1986 civic

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
i would definitely go with that. but make sure it comes with the full veilside kit and advan 3spoke rims.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
im just jokin though man. why isnt a 1jz soarer in the option list?

just the fact that you have 7m experience, i would go with that. we know what they are capable of.

honestly i dont even know what a 1g motor is and im too lazy to google it.

ok wait. ok heres what you should do.

toyota cressida........... 2jz swap........ 6 spd........... stroker motor with standalone ecu with 3 different turbos and 3 different pump gas tunes.

put on a vband manifold and use all vband hotside housings, and just swap the turbos around depending on how your feeling that day.

the cost effectiveness to fun ratio for such a build would be through the roof.

you could have a gt4788r spoolin up well over 1000hp on boost alone and just crush any bike all day.
then drive home and let it cool down and swap in the billet 6265 and brutally rape some 600 cubic inch big blocks blown alc, with some serious torque off the line.

then take it to the track and drift the crap out of it and smash it up on the wall and buy a new cressida to put the drivetrain in for like $500.

laugh at me all you want but if i knew what i know now, back in the day (couple years ago) i would probably do something like that instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.