Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have stats on this? they seem to be real rare, just seems like an easier swap into my 76... just wanted to touch base on it before i immediatly rule it out... its a twinturbo 2.0 right?

B

·
0 Posts
its a rather economy engine.. youd be better off with a 3sgte from the aftermarket availability alone

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
3s harder to fit. 1G can be tweaked, and it can put out enough power to propel your car like a bat out of hell. The only problem is that it is a heavy engine. Not sure you would want to put it into a lightweight Celica. Your car is beautiful btw.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Oh yeah, the 1g is a 2.0 liter twin turbo inline six. Perfectly square motor, two CT-12's...approx 200-210 HP stock, low torque motor. Can tweak, and there is a generous aftermarket for it in Japan.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
ive seen some 400 hp 1ggtes, they are really cheap over here too... i think bpu they make around 270rwhp which is pretty impressive IMO

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my other choices are a 7mgte and a 2jzgte.... now does anyone think i should consider the 1g? lol

anyway how do these things rev? a perfect quare 6 2.0 should rev damn high

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
of course 2jzgte if money isnt an issue, dont forget the 1g is an OOOOOLD motor, i think it came out in 82 or something for the corolla...

Ide put a 1j in your car... thats just me

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
basically, i'm trying to keep up front costs down but not fuck myself over in the long run. my 22/20r went 13.9 all motor. i was planning on going 12's but i cuy the project short shy of pistons, bigger carbs and ignition. 12.9 wont be enough. so i figuer i'd go 22r turbo... nah thats getting to costly in the planning, so then i said hey i'll go 7m... and that got costly too. so now i'm looking at 1jz front clips for 2000... seems like a steal to me, 290 hp at 10 psi... i figure abotu 50 hp from downpipe, 3" mandrel piping and a straight through 3" muffler, and another 40 or so from running 15 lbs and a filter. so now i'm looking at a very very near stock 1jz with low (for toyota 60k) milage .. so ive got daily driver reliability. which is good seing as this is my daily driver. and a 11 second car.

i think 390 hp should be enough for 11's in a 2300 lb car (thats with full interior) on slicks.

i havent decided on final drive gearing, right now ive got 3.73's i'm thinking about going 3.08 but i never push it hard on the interstate anyway... i'd like to not limit myself top end wise (you know for those runs against hiyabusas) lol kidding there, there celica just doesnt have the drag efficiency to do much abover 140. anyway i apreciate the comments on the car. its a rusty junker but its hard restoring your daily driver

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol that post was suopsed to say 1jz not 2jz, those are wayyyy out of my price range

M

·
0 Posts
uhm....
stock 1g-gte makes less power than a 7m-GE.

the block itself is very weak and doesn't take too well to upgrades...break down very easily.

melloboy

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like the 1g is way out of the picture. now i'm dealing with 1jz or 7m unelss somone else has any other suggestions

no domestic motors, although ive seen a blown 383 stroker in a first gen celica

1 - 12 of 12 Posts