Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guyz, quick question......my mate is about to get a MKIII 1G-GTE, 2 litre twin turbo.....he is putting fear into my heart.....just wondering stock vs stock would he beat in both 0-100km, 1/4 and mid range pickup a MKIII 7MGTE, that I have? And if we both had catback, intake, and downpipe, both set to 10psi, how woudl they compare...got any stock specs???? Theyre very rare in Aus too.....

thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, I guess I wont tell him that then, and let him find out when we race each other......he so reckons it will win coz of twin turbo! Sweet.....keep postin guys, I wanna here more positive feedback of the 7MGTE

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,349 Posts
Even stock for stock you'd easily take him, you've got more power and definitely more torque.

I think that car needs like 10psi stock to make the 210hp it does.

M

·
0 Posts
1g's are not torquey enough for our heavy mk3 cars. it would be a good motor for a smaller toyota.

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Yeah the supras went like this 7mge, than 1ggte, than 7mgte, than 1jzgte... thats the order from slowest to fastest...

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
1G-GE -> 1G-GTE -> 7M-GE -> 7M-GTE -> 1JZ-GTE :)
1G-GE = garbage
1G-GTE = weaksauce
7M-GE = mmmm mmm good but the Supra is a heavy car so it's held back
7M-GTE = OH GOD YES
1JZ-GTE = meh

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Thermactor said:
1G-GE -> 1G-GTE -> 7M-GE -> 7M-GTE -> 1JZ-GTE :)
1G-GE = garbage
1G-GTE = weaksauce
7M-GE = mmmm mmm good but the Supra is a heavy car so it's held back
7M-GTE = OH GOD YES
1JZ-GTE = meh
whats up with the 1jz comment being "meh"?
cmon, you dont have to rebuild the internals unlike the 7m

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
haha, i have a 7m, and the 1jz is waiting in missouri....
i could care less what people think of the 1jz. i used to be the same way disliking the 1jz's but then i drovce one....and that changed my mind

N

·
0 Posts
You'll blow him away. Whether he's stock or modded, he's dead meat. The 1G-GTE is a WEAK motor and the MkIII is a HEAVY car.
Exactly right.

cmon, you dont have to rebuild the internals unlike the 7m
:rolleyes:
You dont have to rebuild anything that you dont destroy.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so has anyone ever raced a 1g-gte before? Have you even seen one? I have never seen one in the flesh, but there was one for sale, and they said it was an incredible reving engine.....right.....

X

·
0 Posts
Fabbz said:
so has anyone ever raced a 1g-gte before? Have you even seen one? I have never seen one in the flesh, but there was one for sale, and they said it was an incredible reving engine.....right.....
There are a few of them in the UK. The comments from the owners are pretty positive. I was supposed to drive one recently but i missed the Supra meet we organised over here. When I'll finally drive one, i'll let you know.

BTW, most of the 1g-GTE ones are narrow body versions and they're supposed to be pretty light compared to the rest . I still doubt that it will give you any trouble.

Mac

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
viperlocc said:
7mge would totally blow away the 1ggte...
its toyota's economy TEST motor.
What are you talking about? The 1G-GTE has got 210 out of the box, compared to the 7MGE's 175, It accelerates like a demon and it's got a much smoother power curve than the GE and GTE. And it's got a stock MHG! Coming from someone who has ridden in and driven a JDM Soarer, I can say that the 1G is nothing to sneeze at. Now this is the part where you remind me how much heavier the Supra is than a Soarer, but if the Supra is too heavy for a 1G, how do you explain the widebody GA70? No, I don't think that the 1G can take the 7MGTE, but it'd spank a 7MGE.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts