Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys,
The search is down and I was wondering what tire sizes people are running on stock rims with about a 1 inch drop all the way around?

Before on stock suspension, I think I ran 245 / 40 & 275 / 35 but every time i punch the numbers in tirerack there are no matching sets. All they have is 245 / 40 & 275/40 sets.

I was using the fitment guide and 245 / 40 & 275/40 sets show that the tire height in the front is 24.7 and the rear 25.7. Will the rear look to tall?

8,181 Posts
i'm and inch lower with KYB/tociko combo. 18by9 with 285/35/18, no problem. on stock wheels i had 275/40/17 with an inch low, no problem there aswell.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Hey Mike,
You'll have to judge how it looks based on your own opinion or pics from others, but I think the 245/40F and 275/40R is a good fit on stock wheels even with a 1" or more drop.

Here's what I got: for street I still usually run my 18" wheels, but for track I run my stock wheels, my car is dropped on coilovers a little more than 1-1/4" all around and my track tires are now 255/40F and 275/40R with never a clearance issue of any kind, even cornering very hard on a roadcourse or hitting bumps.

I think any good normal street tire in a 255 is too much of a squeeze onto the stock front wheel, but a very stiff sidewall track tire seems to work well in the 255 size since it gives more rubber on front where the heavy nose Supra can use it for cornerning. In the past, I've run normal street tires and R-compounds on front in both 17" X 245/40 and 245/45 sizes and never had any clearance problem.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much Nick! Long time no see. I hope the putting in the single was a fun experience.

Yea for street tires, I was going to try to maintain the 20mm difference for tread size (stock is 235f and 255R) but I was afraid to squeeze a 255 upfront.

The fitment guide says a 245/45/17 will rub the inner fender well and that's at stock height? You sure a 245/45 will fit? Anyone running this size upfront?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Thanks so much Nick! Long time no see. I hope the putting in the single was a fun experience.

Yea for street tires, I was going to try to maintain the 20mm difference for tread size (stock is 235f and 255R) but I was afraid to squeeze a 255 upfront.

The fitment guide says a 245/45/17 will rub the inner fender well and that's at stock height? You sure a 245/45 will fit? Anyone running this size upfront?
I'm currently running a 245/45 up front on the stock rims, my car is lowered in HKS coilovers and I did have some minor rubbing issues on the top of the inner fender well, I removed the screw and raised the front slightly from the out of the box settings and have been ok since. That being said my next set of fronts will be 245/40's. I run 275/40's out back and they are a great fit.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I also have 245/45 in the front on stock wheels & 1.25" drop
285/40 in the rear on stock wheels & 1" drop

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Mike,
the fitment guide is pretty accurate, and you see the posts above about others' experiences ...but I know is that I ran several sets of Kumho Victoracers in 245/45F and 275/40R over the last few years and never had a clearance problem of any kind. Like I said, this was mostly on the track where corning g's far exceed anything a sane person would do on the street, plus a couple of off-track excursions into rough stuff and never hit anything; plus I ran 245/45 Victoracers on the street for a few months, and on one set of stock wheels I ran Kumho MX tires in 245/40F also never a problem.

Maybe if the drop is more than I have it could be a problem and mine is not dropped as far as I see a lot of Supras running around.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have 275/40's on the back with a 1" drop. Looks and fits great.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the replies! Alot of Black Supra's in this thread! USFmk4 very clean supra! To be safe my next set on the stockies will be 245/40F and 275/40R.

.....Now if I could buy those CCW SP16A's I was dreaming about without feeling like I'm cheating on my "time to buy a house" budget.

:drool:

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Mike, you can live in a Supra but you can't drive a house ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts