Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I ran the NHRA event this weekend in South Florida with my 1991 1JZ powered 240sx. This was the first time the car went to the track. It went consistent high 12's with a best time of [email protected] MPH on 16-17psi. My only mods to the motor are a 3in, DP and Exhaust and an FMIC. The car is auto witha stock stall and i ran on some old and well worn hankook 225/45/17 tires (absolutely nothing special, in fact they suck and limited me to high 12's and bad 60' times). Lemme know what you think, BTW race weight was 3050lbs with driver(way too heavy)... lemme know what you all think.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
wow seems to me like there is a new better platform for the 240 seems to be respectable to me

·
Registered
970 Posts
Damn sounds like a pretty sweet car man. Do yah have any pics of it? I would be interested in checking them out if so!

Brett

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

In desparate need of coil overs...
BTW: did not run on those, ran on other garbage tires, i just got these today... lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres one from the track on sunday...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did a [email protected] here at 2800ft LACR in Cali with a auto stock boost 2JZ 330whp/385tq. Seems pretty close to yours. I had horrid 2.2 60fts and my car is TTC so it took me long time to spool. But nice runs man.

Here is mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njir-_lwFgs

Now i've got a single and 550s, i'm going to dyno it tomorrow. I'm looking for 450-500whp on pump gas. And hoping my tranny does not give up on me. But i'm sure the spool is going to be even worse. I'm stock stall, stock auto. :) My car is about the same weight as yours. Nice to see another auto JZ motor in a 240.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i only have a vid of one pass, but ill post it today... my car left real slow b/c of the non-sequential turbos also and stock stall, not to mention i couldnt leavve harder than 1/2 throttle on the brake as well without the tires starting to spin again... my 60' times were 2.2 all weekend, but the car was VERY CONSISTENT...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice runs :)

Can't complain about lag with ct12a's! Try stock stall, stock auto, short diff gears and a 65mm turbo non BB :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
believe it or not, it was a little laggy b/c i couldnt stall my car that high b/c of the tires i was on, if i stalled it over 1800 it would want to spin...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts