1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Reactions: SupraSpeed-1jz

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
lol you hos should give me +1 as well lol.. anyways yeah I was thinking the same thing i'm just too lazy to do it so someone make the post and put it all togethere and i'll sick it and close it. That way it wont stay cluttered... really a web site would be better for this type of stuff.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey BigT....

It's a big job... I was kinda thinking along the lines of compiling it and making it a FAQ/sticky. I just don't have the time. Maybe if we can break down a "table of contents" and everyone can contribute a lil bit.... for example, here are some sections for sure (maybe we can each take one?)....

1. Engine/clip sources
2. Interchange-ability (7M-1J-2J)
3. Tranny options & motor mounts
4. Wiring
5. FAQ - Workarounds
6. Information Sources (MKIV.com, SF, SM, Arnout, 1JZ-GTE.US, etc)
7....anything else....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, i did some tooling around today and this is what i came up with:

1JZ Parts Reference
JZA70 Parts Reference
sstock and performance parts that can be used on 1JZs originally designed for the 2JZ
1JZ Alternator Swap Found
1JZ-GTE Non-Front Clip List

2JZ/Soarer/Chaser Swap
2JZ in an MKIII?
Soarer 1jzgte Swap Guide!!!!!

1JZ For Sale Items
-Cars/Clips/Parts

We can place all of these ABOVE the standard 1JZ/2JZ Swap section. Like the MKIII Technical and MKIII FAQ's

Any help on this would be great. What do you think so far?

Bryan

Reactions: SUPRA_JEN

·
12,263 Posts
huh what do you want?

sorry i'm pretty durnk right now.. maybe it will make sense tomarrow......

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, does this make sense now? Do you think that this would be worth it? I'm personally tired of the NINE Sticky's and since our 1JZ community is growing so much i thought that this would be something good to implicate now before we go further.

Thoughts?

Bryan

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Good job putting the threads together, but I was thinking of trimming off the excess fat (side-discussions/questions) in each thread. Then maybe providing as a separate thread within itself.... those other threads may eventually be deleted and the links made no-good.

If I can pull it all together, I'll just make it a site that has all the info, with those main topics/chapters linked in the 1st page. The 1st page would give a high-level summary of everything involved and what's been "done" so far.....

This is a great start, but still requires reading thru alot of "fluff" to get the nitty-gritty out....

U know what I mean?

I am almost done with a very time-robbing project at work, then I'll have a bit more time to really get to the meat of things (or help if someone's already down that path... Like U Big-T)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SWEET! Satan and i are going to team up!

Sounds good to me. Let's see what we can do in the coming weeks to get this thing put together.

Bryan

·
12,263 Posts
Hhaha shit.. .i just saw this post...

Yeah I was was 100% toast that day.. Let me clean up this post and stick it.. Booze is damn cheap here in the UK... I'm here for another month...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Zazzn for posting this up. I saw it tonight, and was like, Where Did All The Sticky's Go?? Hey, there's my name... No Way! :D

I hope that you guys will be able to use this for a good START. I want to work with Satan, i love saying that, a little more and tweak some more details.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Whew!!! Just got done with a [email protected]$$ project at work and am ready to finish up my 2JZ-single, and get back to this effort.

Whatta ya say Big-T? Where should I start? We've got a few other knowledgable JZers here... we can each take a section and work it for a week and then throw it back together... kinda like homework, huh?

If anything, I'll donate a lil' bit of webspace we can use as a "working directory" to consolidate the info and organize it, before sticky-ing it....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That would be great! Let's try to get a few guys together to help us out with this. Contact me over Email and so we're not taking up all the forum space.

Bryan
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 57 Posts