Supra Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
im glad this was posted i just got my 88 and was thinking of a 1jz swap and i know now how hard the work will be im screwd by one year modle lol 7mgte it is then

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
been searching for a long time and can't seem to find how to adapt the power steering on a 1jz swap into a MK3. The power steering is on the passenger side on the 7M and on the drivers side on the 1jz.

I have a 7M non turbo, 1987 MK3

I have not started my swap yet, but just wanted to have everything ready. I apologize if I failed in my search, thank you in advance for your help

·
Certified Toyota Tech
352 Posts
im glad this was posted i just got my 88 and was thinking of a 1jz swap and i know now how hard the work will be im screwd by one year modle lol 7mgte it is then

How are you screwed? I put a 1j in my 88 with no problems whatsoever.

been searching for a long time and can't seem to find how to adapt the power steering on a 1jz swap into a MK3. The power steering is on the passenger side on the 7M and on the drivers side on the 1jz.

I have a 7M non turbo, 1987 MK3

I have not started my swap yet, but just wanted to have everything ready. I apologize if I failed in my search, thank you in advance for your help
driftmotion has a power steering line to fix that problem. www.driftmotion.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys, im new to the tunner scene, ive grown up working on american muscle but now i have a 1988 supra project, my question is, is it possible to put a 2jz engine possibly twin turbo into a 88?

its got the 7 in it, and id like to drag it at the local strip, is the swap possible?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good info.
Im tired of the 7m BS and currently looking a swap to do and need some advice, which would be easier of the jz motors? i know about them and have talked to owners who have done the swap but would the 2jz worth the extra money? im on a budget and need the most pocket friendly one.

·
Registered
806 Posts
good deal!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any of you guys have access to a 1jz vvti service manual? I am just trying to find out what the oil pump tolerance is for the tips and body of a 1jz vvti pump? I have the pump apart and it spec'd out to a 2jzgte pump and I know the two are interchangeable so im sure the clearances are similar.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
can anyone help me im at ends wit i have a 1jzgt single vvti its out of a crown and has the security in it what my option i thinking of going to the mega squirt 3 ecu
has any one used mega squirt are you happy with it will it do what i need it to the bigest concern is the vvti becouse the way toyota controls with the signal its on and off when it needs the mega squirttt will be on or off right any advise

41 - 57 of 57 Posts