Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since there is an EMS for other cars, Civics ect could I not just use a EMS form a NSX which uses the same ECU pin connector as the JZA70? I know I'd have to remap the wires on the other end but that would make it a plugin deal.... Heck some of the pins may even line up (power and ground maybe) is there anyway to know what AEM's pins do for the wiring? Is there anyway to remap this via software?

Could AEM not just do this very easily since they already have a unit?

Here is the connector list of what fits a JZA70 ecu

http://www.autosoftsys.com/supra/ecuext/

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Yes you could do that and we contemplated doing that for a while.......... The TEC3r unit is soooooooo much more simple than that. They send you a harness, you match up the wires and go. 2100.00 from EIP tuning including the DFU ignition. my .02c

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Eric, i was looking into this possability when i first startd with the project. I knew that the Honda EMS' would be cheaper and i could easily get a hold of one. Then it was just a matter of finding the right connectors and i would be set. Kinda...

AEM uses, from my understanding, "similar" hardware, but not all of them are the same. But since they AEM EMS is so versitle, i would bet that you Could get a honda EMS to work, but i'm not promissing anything.

Also, Richard at Autosport wiring has dropped the 1JZ/2JZ fields in HALF! since i got mine since there are now many other people buying them. So for a used 2JZ EMS and wiring, you're looking at like $1500. In fact, CK is selling his AEM right now.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yes I am.... BUY IT!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know...

i know... i'm thinking i thinking.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
money for this damn turbo

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
The NSX plugs work on the AEM but pretty much none of the pinouts are the same, you would have to re-pin every plug. Also you couldnt run the 1J/2J ignitor, you would have to run an MSD box or similar.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I talked to AEM a few weeks ago on how we could go about putting their ECU on a 1JZGTE...

Easiest way we came up with.. since they are VERY similar.. Use a JZA80 AEM ECU, (93+supraTT), and just like the jspec 2jzgtes to work with the AEM.. you would have to put USDM sensors on the motor (crank angle, etc). And it technically should work...... IF:

you cut the end of the 1JZGTE ECU plug off, and splice in a JZA80 ecu plug and map all the wires correctly.

Personally all that work isnt worth it for the anti-lag and 2step. I'm just going with a PLUG AND PLAY Apexi Power FC.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
I talked to AEM a few weeks ago on how we could go about putting their ECU on a 1JZGTE...

Easiest way we came up with.. since they are VERY similar.. Use a JZA80 AEM ECU, (93+supraTT), and just like the jspec 2jzgtes to work with the AEM.. you would have to put USDM sensors on the motor (crank angle, etc). And it technically should work...... IF:

you cut the end of the 1JZGTE ECU plug off, and splice in a JZA80 ecu plug and map all the wires correctly.

Personally all that work isnt worth it for the anti-lag and 2step. I'm just going with a PLUG AND PLAY Apexi Power FC.

Ugh....

Justin at AEM knows what i did when i put in the 2JZGTE AEM EMS. I've layed out all the steps needed for the swap and if you can extend and put a 1JZ harness in a 7M, then you can EASILY put a 2JZ AEM EMS in your MKIII.

If you by CK's AEM all you'll need is an additional fields harness from [email protected], which costs around $175 and you're pretty much stand alone. You can use 2JZ maps to get started and everything.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305209

Bryan

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Yea, I have my basemap posted in the basemap thread..

yea with Bryans writeup its easier then pie..

I'll even make the jumper harness for you if you want.. pm me..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts