Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so i have dreamt and waited for a 1jz for like 5 years now. I have nearly bought so many already built ones and many engines, but none felt right. I watch every auction on ebay that has 1jz or 1jzgtte or 1jzgte , so i found an auction for a wrecked 1jz about 10 days ago. This one felt right! I don't know why, but i just got a good feeling about it. Well anyways, tonight i won it!!!! I am so ecstatic!!! I cant wait to drive her. She is pretty well modified. I am not a very crazy guy, my real goal is only like 400-450RWHP total. I just want a very comfortable daily driver supra. Well i finally found it!!! :)

Here is the link for the auction :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230109660203&rd=1,1

I got the loan for the engine about 5 days ago, so i am really psyched!

Oh yeah, so i have the perfect body for this engine. My buddy Jordan blew the engine in his supra about 2 years ago, so it has been sitting in the shop yard since then. This supra is perfect! It is a 1989 turbo with most options. It only has 100k miles on the body. It was a cali car so no rust. It is a targa, a must. I have wanted one for soooo many years!!! My mom got a targa del sol last summer, i was pretty jealous! :) Here are the pix of the body :)

http://joshthecomputerguy.com/Blue.aspx

So today is a monumental day!!! I am so excited. I also was able to find some decent shipping, 750 door to door. If anyone knows any better companies that they have used. I would love to get it down to around 500, but it is better then 1200 which i have been quoted. So yeah, i am so happy. I will finally be able to drive down to the supra meet in vegas next year! :) I have always wanted to go! i even paid for registration a few years ago :) Well, if anyone has any tips or anything, just let me know. :) The car has already been fully installed, so i just have to swap it directly :) It has a greddy ecu and A'pexi AVC-R Boost Controller plus a HKS SSQV. Everything i want. Then only engine modification i have thought about wanting is the 440 cc injectors. Other then that, this car is perfect! :)

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Congrats man! Sounds like a fun project. I know I was pretty stoked when I bought my 1JZ as well. I don't really have any tips for you now, but you know where to ask if you have questions.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey congrats! love the color of ur supra! Good luck and keep us posted with pix too :)
yeah, the body is really perfect. flawless, there is just one spot on the front bumper that has sun damage, so the front bumper needs to be repainted, other then that, everything is perfect :) I am so excited!!!:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
As far as shipping goes there's a guy who has posted in the for sale sections and has a sticky about shipping discounts, look there.

Congrats!

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Anyone have ideas on the Air Conditioning? Is it easy to re hook up the lines to the Japanese system?
Yeah, just swap the top from the 7M compressor to the 1JZ compressor. You'll have to grind the PS pump bracket down a bit (1/8" or so) for it to fit.

·
2,275 Posts
Blah your the one who out bid me haha! Any ways congrates and good luck :)!

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
Says he got the engine from jarco, which has one of the best reputations in the industry, so it should be good.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts