Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, because I cant make much out of the charge diagram for the 1jz 3 wire alternator plug. Basically trying to wire it to my 2 wire setup.

I see one of the wires goes to a 7.5amp ignition and volt meters

The large yellow one bugs me, as I have no f'n idea what the 15a to ENGINE refers to. Anyone mind shining some light on what exactly this puts power to?

The white wire goes to the battery via a 40amp fuse, then pigging backing onto the main power wire?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
it's in the FAQ's. :)

Bryan

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mm this is all I found, and it really doesnt help as it makes no sense compared to the charge diagram.

1JZ alternator:
#1 White (S)
#2 Yellow/Green (L)
#3 Black/Yellow (IG)

Charge diagram lists white as going back to the battery, yellow goes to engine, b/y goes to ignition. so at least the by wire is the same.

So wtf does L stand for and wtf does S stand for?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting, its such a heavy gauge wire for a battery light, but if thats it I guess I dont really need to worry about it much.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yes you do, it is an important wire, something about energizing the alternator.

last time i checked, one of the other wires was to sense how much juice the battery had, and how much was flowing to the battery.

i dunno, gotta search more.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
not planning on running it, im just trying to trnalsate the wires. The engine is going on a 86 conquest which only uses a 2 wire, and comparing the diagrams wasnt helping whatsoever.

Anyhow, thanks for the help, I should be able to get this taken care of tomorrow.

Managed to get enough wired up for me to turn it over. Tossed some oil in the spark plug holes, and turned it over for about 30 seconds total to make sure the rings didnt get jacked up, since the engine has been sitting since god knows when. With any luck, it will be starting tomorrow.
\

Lots of wiring to do with this megasquirt though. The alternater was giving me a headache though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts