Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the mian 2jz parts that are a direct bolton for the 1jz.

Example:
1.Do the hight performence cam shaft and adjustable cam gear for the 2jz fit on the 1jz?

2.Is there a stroker kit like the one that Jun in Japan has, converting a 2jz 3.0L. into a 2jz 3.2L. for the 1jz?

3.Are the forged piston or hight cuality pistons for the 2jz fit the 1jz?

Thanx guys and best regards!
Take care of you and your cars!:D :p

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
What are the mian 2jz parts that are a direct bolton for the 1jz.

1.Do the hight performence cam shaft and adjustable cam gear for the 2jz fit on the 1jz?
Cams, no... Cam gears... yes.

2.Is there a stroker kit like the one that Jun in Japan has, converting a 2jz 3.0L. into a 2jz 3.2L. for the 1jz?
Never heard of one. :) Want more displacement? put in a 2J block for a 1.5JZ

3.Are the forged piston or hight cuality pistons for the 2jz fit the 1jz?
Don't think so... something tells me there was a slight difference.

As for other parts in general... This is a rough list from memory... anyone who sees errors please correct me.

Interchangable parts:

7m and 1jz:
Clutch kits (but not flywheel)
Cat back Exhausts
89+ motor mounts (rubber part)
Anything trans related
Anything gauge related
Rad (if you're not using the 1J hydro fan setup)
Driveshaft/Diff

2jz to 1jz:
Power steering pump
Alternator
Spark plugs (ngk 3330 and 6097)
US spec 550cc injectors (resistor pack needed)
JDM Spec 440cc injectors (drop in upgrade)
Water Pump (requires removal of the 1J hydro fan and a 2J pully)
Head gaskets (although most other gaskets do not swap, get a 1J set to do it right)
Clutch fan (if you use a MKIV water pump and pulley)
Fuel Pump
Serpentine belt (but NOT timing belt)
Oil filter and relocation kits
Intercooler kits
Plug coils
Cam gears (incl aftermarket adjustable)
Map sensor (I think... someone verify please)
Ignitor seems to be the same too

For an aftermarket flywheel, order a 7M fly but have the 2J bolt pattern drilled into it.

Very general rule of thumb:
From the Clutch/Trans back it's a regular MKIII Supra (save for the Torsen diffs)
From the FlyWheel/Bellhousing forward, it's 70% 1J / 30% 2J parts.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: 1jz and 2jz parts.

51Cards said:
Cams, no... Cam gears... yes.

Never heard of one. :) Want more displacement? put in a 2J block for a 1.5JZ

Don't think so... something tells me there was a slight difference.

As for other parts in general... This is a rough list from memory... anyone who sees errors please correct me.

Interchangable parts:

7m and 1jz:
Clutch kits (but not flywheel)
Cat back Exhausts
89+ motor mounts (rubber part)
Anything trans related
Anything gauge related
Rad (if you're not using the 1J hydro fan setup)
Driveshaft/Diff

2jz to 1jz:
Power steering pump
Alternator
Spark plugs (ngk 3330 and 6097)
US spec 550cc injectors (resistor pack needed)
JDM Spec 440cc injectors (drop in upgrade)
Water Pump (requires removal of the 1J hydro fan and a 2J pully)
Head gaskets (although most other gaskets do not swap, get a 1J set to do it right)
Clutch fan (if you use a MKIV water pump and pulley)
Fuel Pump
Serpentine belt (but NOT timing belt)
Oil filter and relocation kits
Intercooler kits
Plug coils
Cam gears (incl aftermarket adjustable)
Map sensor (I think... someone verify please)
Ignitor seems to be the same too

For an aftermarket flywheel, order a 7M fly but have the 2J bolt pattern drilled into it.

Very general rule of thumb:
From the Clutch/Trans back it's a regular MKIII Supra (save for the Torsen diffs)
From the FlyWheel/Bellhousing forward, it's 70% 1J / 30% 2J parts.

Thanx man for the info but conserning the strocker kit to transform a 3.0L into a 3.2L, you never saw the yellow supras "JUN or AKIRA" in japan?
These supras are completly sike with single T88H34D turbo making just over 1000ps. 2.0bar. the rev limiter cuts feul at 8200rpm and ignition at 8500rpm, but peak power is developed at only 6200rpm. the peak torgue is perhaps the scariest figure, 1078Nm at 5700rpm and about 1050hp on the flywheel. Prity sike Han!
Just an example, in Japan they have 100km-200km acceleration tests and that supra dose it in 5.15 seconds and i have the article to back up every statment i just said from Hight Performence Impots an Australian magazin.:D
Take care!

Jeff

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 1jz and 2jz parts.

HADALIFE said:
Thanx man for the info but conserning the strocker kit to transform a 3.0L into a 3.2L, you never saw the yellow supras "JUN or AKIRA" in japan?
I never said there wasn't a stroker kit for the 2J... that there is. You asked for a stroker kit for a 1J :D There is no stroker kit for the 1J I have ever heard of... to increase the displacement on the 1J put in the 2J block. If you want to go even bigger then stroke the 2J block.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i COULD have sworn the yellow JUN (bonneville) supra had to be pushed first because of its gearing and cams...are we speaking of the same ones?

melloboy

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MelloBoy said:
i COULD have sworn the yellow JUN (bonneville) supra had to be pushed first because of its gearing and cams...are we speaking of the same ones?

melloboy
I know of two, JUN the yellow one drifting that sertenly every one saw on internet and AKIRA a 409km supra in an artical from Jappan I have. They have prity much the same hp.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: 1jz and 2jz parts.

51Cards said:
I never said there wasn't a stroker kit for the 2J... that there is. You asked for a stroker kit for a 1J :D There is no stroker kit for the 1J I have ever heard of... to increase the displacement on the 1J put in the 2J block. If you want to go even bigger then stroke the 2J block.
1: Are the hight performence cam gears different for a non turbo and turbo jz engien?

2:I watch Super2nrtv the car shoe with the twins on tv a couple of weeks ago and they adjusted the cam gears as follows
+8 on the intake and -6 on the exost for a 2jz they were tuneing.
I was wondering! What would be a good adjustment for the 1jz, so it would be just great for drag and street use without giving you're engien trouble and end up blowing it? :cry:

Thanx!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to tune adjustable cams on a dyno to get the performance gains - Ricer 101

1 - 9 of 9 Posts