Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem with my #3 coil it sparks to the head like a mofo....It idles okay for like 10 minutes..it drives okay within the 10 min....after...then the #3 coil starts to spark to the head and it runs on 5 cylinders....is the coil defective? wat should i do? k thanks

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
WaT_ThE_SmeLL said:
The problem with my #3 coil it sparks to the head like a mofo....It idles okay for like 10 minutes..it drives okay within the 10 min....after...then the #3 coil starts to spark to the head and it runs on 5 cylinders....is the coil defective? wat should i do? k thanks
That is a common problem with hte JZ motors just go to Toyota and get a new one from a MK4 TT there like $100 if I remember right.

Jeremy

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
i know the blue rubber part starts to crack, thus jumping the spark to the engine...is there a way to get those rubber parts? or do u have to buy a whole new coil?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ranger2339 said:
Hey smell..

I was having the same problem.. Are you popping any codes wen this happens??

Josh
nope i don't have no codes when this happens....it gets the clicking sound when it grounds.....only #3 coil.....still waitin for the new one to come in :)

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Was getting the same thing alot just get some Epoxy adhesive and smear it down the stem and that will fix it.
by the way this is the 1.5jz owner and not suze.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
suprra_girl said:
Was getting the same thing alot just get some Epoxy adhesive and smear it down the stem and that will fix it.
by the way this is the 1.5jz owner and not suze.
do you have any pics on how to repair the coil with epoxy?......so you smear the whole bottom of the coil with epoxy? :dunno:

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
we just covered the coil from just under the top all the way to the bottom over the whole bottom
so the square section with the clip is left untouched, from that down is covered in the resin

gl :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
suprra_girl said:
we just covered the coil from just under the top all the way to the bottom over the whole bottom
so the square section with the clip is left untouched, from that down is covered in the resin

gl :)
cool.....i....go try it....dam thats a lot of resin :bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts