Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy 1JZ coils, will they work the same as IS300 coils? Will I be able to swap them in place of the 7MGTE coils, or do I need any other parts?

I did some searching but couldnt find anything definite.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I didnt quite phrase that properly. Not plug in play to say the connectors match up. I understand that there will be some soldering and electrical work but If i got the igniter from the 1jz would the signals from the 7M ecu be adequate?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I ask is I am on training for work near toronto and there is a 1JZ TT-R some guy is parting out an hour from here. Where I live (Timmins Ontario, google map it) there is basically NO import car culture to speak of.
I was wondering if its worth picking up any 1JZ parts for cheap while I am down here and have the Opportunity to pick & pull and pick up some parts.

·
Registered
681 Posts
How can you guys use is300 coils? Theyre not long enough to reach into the plug well and go over the plug? Am i missing something???
Well, not a lot has changed since 2011 when this thread was last updated.

First you need to remove the center plug galley cover. Then the coil packs sit down inside the galley, on plugs 2, 3 , and 6.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, not a lot has changed since 2011 when this thread was last updated.

First you need to remove the center plug galley cover. Then the coil packs sit down inside the galley, on plugs 2, 3 , and 6.
Thank you, yeah i figured that out after taking a really close look i found that could be removed, then i tried to put the old plug wires in the new coils but theyre not working. I laid out the coil packs to plugs 2, 3, and 6 and which wires get plugged into which plugs from which packs?

Does it still go in order of the coil pack on plug 6 the plug wire to plug #1, pack on plug 3 to plug #4, and pack on plug 2 to plug #5?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you, yeah i figured that out after taking a really close look i found that could be removed, then i tried to put the old plug wires in the new coils but theyre not working. I laid out the coil packs to plugs 2, 3, and 6 and which wires get plugged into which plugs from which packs?

Does it still go in order of the coil pack on plug 6 the plug wire to plug #1, pack on plug 3 to plug #4, and pack on plug 2 to plug #5?
Yes, plug wires go in the same order. 1 & 6 are fired from the same coil, 3 & 4 same coil, and 2 & 5 same coil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts