Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a 1JZ auto ecu with a 2 inch 4 wire plug next to the pinouts? The reason I ask is because I've been having problems with the supplier who sold me my motor set and they sent me an ecu that looks as if the outter casing has been changed and I have never seen a 1JZ ecu with any type of 4 wire plug on it. I'm thinking the supplier might have sent me the wrong ecu and just put the 1jz casing as I am currently disputing a couple things they forgot to send through paypal. Thanks in advance.

Alvin

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
Is the 4-wire plug in the ECU? Or is it hanging out on some wire? There's supposed to be a 4-pin connector that hangs out, but not one built into the case.

·
89targa
131 Posts
ecu

I have an extra ecu that I had purched for my supra, but I needed one for a turbo supra. If you would, take a pic of the ecu showing the pin connection and I'll take a pic of the one I have and see if this one would work for you. Also, if you can explain how to attach a pic that can be sent through the forums we can trade pics that way. If not, just email me at [email protected] and I will send you the pic that way.
Steve

·
Registered
824 Posts
my jzx90 auto ecu has a seperate plug that isn't connected to the ecu. I can't remember how many pins but it isn't many so it could be the 4 pin that you are talking about.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
My JZA70 has a separate plug as well, with 4 wires I do believe. That's why I was asking. There is supposed to be a connector there, but it's usually a pigtail off the ECU, it's not built-in.

Yes, post pics of teh ECU, we could tell then.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
there is a plug on the ecu which is called the Fly lead. It has signals on it for the tps and and that same wire splits in the loom to go to a map ground as well.

It should have Blu and brwon wires if it is the fly lead.

And if the pinout has 2 rows of pins and four plugs, thats would lean more toward a jza70 ecu.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will post pics as soon as have time. It's actually more like a 6 or 8 pin connector. I've been working a lot and have just gotten over a slight fever. Will a jza70 ecu work on a soarer motor?

·
Registered
824 Posts
AFAIK

jza70 and jzx81 are the same pinouts.
jzx90 and jzz30 are the same pinouts.

So jza70 ecu probably won't work with jzz30 engine unless you are using a jza70 loom as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts