Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I started my car to let it warm up for like 5 min as I do everyday. When I came back out to leave the car was sputtering and puffin thick blue smoke out the tailpipe and it was sputtering like crazy spittin out gas. I made it to work somehow (after shutting down a few times and tons of smoke) and started checkin out the car. Seems that 2 of the injector signals are sending signal at will. Its very intermittant and almost blew the bulb (on the injector signal tester) without ever giving the car gas. My question is what can cause this over night!? A few days before this occured the car actually started running lean on top end (also for unknown reasons). I was told it could be the vacuum line from the map sensor of the cpu. The car/motor is completely stock. No afc or anything! Any advise please.

Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like the ECU is taking a crap. It will happen gradually at first. There was a recent discussion on getting them rebuilt for like $180 by a place that does mitsubishi ecu's. If it gets worse and erradict over time, that is you problem. It should also be throwing a code 0 when it is acting up.

Good Luck

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no check engine light has come on yet...weird. This is my 2nd ecu already. I bought a rebuilt one for like $150...the one thats in the car now. I guess my warranty (yeah right) will cover this one!

·
Huh?
180 Posts
This has happened to me 3 times in the past 4 months, the 3rd time was 2 days ago. But my smoke is more white. Where are you gettin rebuilt 1jz ecus w/warrenty for $150?!

·
Its Me...Its Me
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has happened to me 3 times in the past 4 months, the 3rd time was 2 days ago. But my smoke is more white. Where are you gettin rebuilt 1jz ecus w/warrenty for $150?!
its not really warranteed but I get em from the wiring guy Jimmy 954-471-6149 and if it goes bad he'll fix it or replace it. He basically uses the core and rebuilds it so money made both ways. He's good with that sh*t!!!

·
noooob sauce
414 Posts
Hard starts, smelling fuel, dies on right hand turns, dash and headlights flicker, bellows white smoke after siittin for a minute? i heard these are side effects also? This is what im going threw right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts