Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What fuel rails are on the market for us?

Who uses an aftermarket fuel rail?

I am baically after the biggest rail available, especially fittings-wise.

Cheers

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is bigger/flows more/has bigger fittings? Those will be what decides it for me.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
The MVP rail will take -8 end fittings, so you can feed it with -8 size lines. That's as much fuel as you can toss at any 1jz. Plus the price is right! $190usd or ~108.50GBP

Eric

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
i just got the MVP rail.....

hopefully 960's will be going in.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like MVP rail is the way forward, cheers for the help everyone! -8 should suffice, shame it can't take -10 like some 2JZ rails though.

Btw, Hams, the reason I don't want the SARD is lack on info on it, and Jap fuel bits are often not the upgrade they seem to be.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Question for the MVP rail:

Can you use any injectors on there? Also, if you can use standard domestic injectors, how do you wire them for our motor? I have been researching fuel stuff for my new setup Im doing, but haven't moved far enough along to start looking at injectors. Any help is appreciated. They will have to be good for 600rwhp.

·
Banned
280 Posts
pnutcar said:
Question for the MVP rail:

Can you use any injectors on there? Also, if you can use standard domestic injectors, how do you wire them for our motor? I have been researching fuel stuff for my new setup Im doing, but haven't moved far enough along to start looking at injectors. Any help is appreciated. They will have to be good for 600rwhp.

You can use a high imp. injector that is a domestic design, you can get those in a 680cc or a 525cc injector (this way you wont have to wire in a resistor, but you will have to get some injector clips).

The TTC/MVP rail is the one we use, we have used the SARD rail in the past but they are for Denso style injectors (like HKS, Greddy, Sard injectors) which cost more than domestic injectors and the rail is not tapped for a return between # 3 and 4 injector like the TTC/MVP rail or the SP rail, but it does come in a beautiful gold.

attached is a pic of what you will need.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
I'm with Rudy on this one. The MVP rail is the way to go, easily. The price is fair, the fit is great, and so is the finish. The end fittings are tapped for a -8, but the rail bore diameter is 3/4", which is -10 size. The rail will support as much fuel as any high HP 1jz will ever need.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Banned
280 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
I'm with Rudy on this one. The MVP rail is the way to go, easily. The price is fair, the fit is great, and so is the finish. The end fittings are tapped for a -8, but the rail bore diameter is 3/4", which is -10 size. The rail will support as much fuel as any high HP 1jz will ever need.

Thanks,

Eric
The fit is very good and its the one we sell with our fuel upgrade kits!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys, MVP one is order as soon as Dusty gets back to me!

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Basically the same thing, except the MVP can be polished to a high shine in 3 minutes since I personally hand wet sanded every rail with 2000 grit. Plus the MVP rail kit is a very fair $190.00 while the SP rail kit costs substantially more.

Eric

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Can you use the stock fuel lines with the MVP Rail? Will the stock fuel lines flow enough for a set of 680's and a 255lph walbro?

·
Registered
824 Posts
and what are the size of the stock fuel lines?

I have 3/8" single feed and return line on stock fuel rail, FPR and 550's

·
Banned
280 Posts
Orubus said:
Can you use the stock fuel lines with the MVP Rail? Will the stock fuel lines flow enough for a set of 680's and a 255lph walbro?

Yes, you can use the stock fuel lines but will have to get some fittings and a some hoses to adapt the rail to your car, you will max out the walbro before you max the rail, injectors and factory lines.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Rudy what we need is a drop in hanger for the A70 fuel tank that allows for two pumps and fittings.

·
Banned
280 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
Rudy what we need is a drop in hanger for the A70 fuel tank that allows for two pumps and fittings.

its in the works... just have to finish up the bracket design for the hanger :naughty: ....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts