Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you buy a 1JZ-GTE w/ the Harness, ECU, and Trans, what else would you need?

Could someone make me a list?

1: IC + Piping.

2: 1JZ RPM METER ?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
You will need:

MAP sensor
Ignitor
Power Steering Resivoir w/ lines
Hydro Fan resivoir w/ lines
Radiator w/ fan shroud and hydro fan
IC + Pipes
DP
89+ Motor mounts

Also what you meantioned earlier:

Motor
Tranny
ECU
Wiring Harness

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
High pressure PS line frmo mk4
Thrtottle cable
Mk4 banjo bolt @ ps
waterpump

but all that is standard on a swap so jewish is right

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
PS line can be bought at kragan for much cheapoer than the mkiv toyota one.

You can also use the jza70 throttle cable, it actually works better than the mkiv.

·
12,263 Posts
for the pump side I was told i Needed the longer one.. by 51 cards.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
nope, just use the existingr one from the clip. at least it works like that with the kragan pressure line.

·
12,263 Posts
Jewish you're not reading the title.. NON FRONT clip.

SO we wouldn't have this bolt.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Im really lucky my bolt worked... Lenny and I were installing the turbos back on his car and not one person at autozone, kragan, or pep boys knew what a banjo bolt was =].

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
The throttle cable will mount right up just like it sits on the clip. The reason i say that it is better than the MKIV cable is for a few reasons:

1. Doesnt cost 60.00 from Toyota
2. The MKIV cable does not come with the clip you would need to secure it to the gas pedal.
3. The MKIV cable only comes with one bolt whole that would be secured to the firewall.

But, the MKIV cable does look much cleaner because it does not swoop across the engine.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
http://www.1jz-gte.us/92Supra8.html

That will give you some idea
thats a really good site but you dont need 75% of that stuff.

btw, my pressure line has not leaked one drop.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I should have made a complete list of everything that i got.

All i know is that i cost me a LOT!!! of money.

If i thought about it enough i could come up wit the parts that are needed. But i wen WAY! overboard and bought all types or performance parts as well. Not to mention that i had a JZX90 1JZ.

·
Registered
929 Posts
you can use the jza70 throttle cable??? everywhere i've looked and everyone here has said that only the mkiv will work when doing a 1jz swap into the ma70 supra. what's the truth?

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure you guys recommend just getting the front clip vs just the engine trans ecu and harness?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Here is a picture of my 1jz using the JZA70 Throttle cable. It is very easy to use, but the JZA80 does look a bit cleaner because its much shorter and does not cross over the top of the engine. Although, like i said earlier, if you buy a jza80 cable from toyota it does not come with all the good stuff you'd want to secure it properly.

PS, sorry for the dirty engine picture.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Re: Throttle cable:

You can use the JZA70 one... but as mentioned it's just extra long. As for the MKIV one... mine came complete? Took me 5 minutes to install it and it bolted right in? I did fab a new intake manifold bracket for it though as I also needed a clip for the cruise cable.

Re: PS Lines...
The PS banjo bolt is required depending on the PS line you get. The MKIV bolt is 4-5 mm longer with more threads as the banjo ring is thicker. If some aftermarkets are making a thinner banjo version then thats cool... it'll work fine. The line I used was from AutoZone made by PowerCraft and for a *secure* fit it required the longer MKIV bolt. (I only snagged about 3 threads with the JZA70 one)

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
my Kragen line fits fine, havent had one drop leak out in 6 months.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I had to use an aftermarket E-Fan for my Fluidyne and 1jz, what E-fan is best suited?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts