Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Demonic
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have a 1JZ VVTI motor in a mk3? are the motors basicly the same to wire? any reason why id pick the vvti over a non vvti motor? performance wise? BC I know the vvti motor has got to be worth much more than a non- motor, is it worth it? ok thanks,
Chris

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
VVTI=hell and not a supra motor...if you get a vvti motor you will need diffrnet oil pan...but just get the non vvti...also the vvti were single turbo not twin turbo

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
VVTI=hell and not a supra motor...if you get a vvti motor you will need diffrnet oil pan...but just get the non vvti...also the vvti were single turbo not twin turbo
I think the VVT-I looks great with the single:D

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
here's couple more:eek:

·
Demonic
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the single turbo motor is easier to upgrade then i take it? turbo wise? whats the price difference between the two from an importer?
Chris

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Price difference will probably not make up for all the extra parts you're going to have to find... as well as the unknowns when wiring it... no one I know has a diagram for the harness for the new 1J.

I would like to see someone do one though for interest's sake.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Does anyone have any performance specs on the differences? It is a curious motor. It would be cool to get the upper cover just to have an updated fresh look... I guess that would be kind of poser though huh...

- Hams.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Legend has it that the VVT-i 1J is more limited in maximum hp because there are no aftermarket camshafts available and the VVT-i is essentially a self-adjusting cam gear on the intake cam. I'm not sure if this is the case but I've not been able to find any aftermarket cams for the VVT-i 1J.

G

·
vvti-1jz is capable of producing less power in its stock form than a non-vvti 1jz due to single ct15b running out at higher HP's than the twin ct12a's

·
Demonic
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
would the vvti engine be ok if your goals were less than say 450 horse?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts