Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long does this take and is it a PITA. Second, im using a complete 1j h20 pump and hudraulic pump set up from a member on here, do i need to replace any gaskets.

~scott

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
how long does this take and is it a PITA. Second, im using a complete 1j h20 pump and hudraulic pump set up from a member on here, do i need to replace any gaskets.

~scott
Not sure exactly why your using that weirdass pump, I think the hydrofan is way overrated. I would definitely replace the gasket where the pump meets the block, I don't know if a 2J gasket would work or not. Since it is a rear wheel drive setup the water pump is not that difficult to get to. Pull that hydro fan out, put a new 2JZ pump, get some electric fans and free up tons of room, just my .02.

Jake

·
Registered
923 Posts
only gasket I can think of might be between the 2 pumps, from what I remember when I did mine, it was just a o ring that sealed from the block to the 2jz pump assembly?

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
anyone have the Part number for the gasket connecting the two halves? Thanks.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it an o ring behind the pump to block or a gasket?

~scott

·
Registered
923 Posts
o ring. not asure about the pump assembly though, could be a gasket between the front and rear parts of the pump. I just ordered the whole thing from champion toyota, 112 bucks later, I had a brand new pump thermostat and everything else I needed to get the job done :)

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the pump im using is 1 piece meaning the hydro pump and h20 pump are still connected. I assume u went with a 2j pump then?

~scott

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
There is an o-ring between the block and the complete pump assy..dont take it apart, leave it in one peice..

The 1J pump is good, no need to go use the 2J one if you dont want to.... I use the 1J h2o pump and i like it, it keeps my shit cool.

Josh

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
hydro fan is the shit. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. oh and installation isn't bad. just remove the lower timing cover and install. also get a new o-ring; the 2JZ is the same.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what im saying man! I have electric fans but im jocking the hyrdo set up.

~scott

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Electric fans FTW. The pump is easy to change if you can get the crank bolt off. I suggest a 3/4in impact gun. Two of my 1/2inchers that pull more then 500ftlb torque couldnt get it off. After that.. the timing belt and covers come right off... replace the pump, and put all back together. Can be done in under an hr.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
NO! hydrofan FTMF Heisman trophy. Scott, do you have everything needed for the hydro fan setup?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes ive already got working hydro fans, and u need to take the crank pulley off to do the water pump!!!! WTF!

~scott

·
Registered
923 Posts
hydrofan takes up too much damn space, it wasnt even an option for me :) My shit didnt even have a fan on it anyways. Anyone wanna buy a hydrofan pump?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DOES THE CRANK PULLEY NEED TO COME OFF TO CHANGE H20 PUMP! I dont have air at my apartment i moved out of my garage already!!!!

~scott

·
Registered
182 Posts
From what I was reading just slap a breaker bar on the bolt and crank the engine with the starter to crack it loose. When in doubt keep a big @$$ pipe in your garage. a 4ft or larger pipe will break just about anything loose. Ill be undertaking this prodject in a week or two. Let us know how you make out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts