Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes hard start issues with these things that's common?

Past 3 days I try to start it, it'll crank and crank but won't fire. Burp and gurgle occasionally. I have to unplug my fans otherwise my battery will die before it finally fires properly. Sometimes it'll take 10-15 minutes of working it before it'll finally fire up.

Then when it does finally start, after a few minutes of working it, it'll idle very low, and barely run, and if you give it any gas it'll bog and die. Takes a few minutes of idling until you can start revving it normal...

Then once it's warmed up, it'll start and run just fine. But if it goes 24hrs without running, it has a hard time firing.... any ideas?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Check the ECU caps for leakage first off, because that causes a lot of random running problems on these. If you verify no leakage and you don't have codes to lead you anywhere then check the intake and coolant temp sensors. If the car can't tell it should be in startup enrichment mode it will run poorly till the engine temp comes up. Bad temp sensors or wiring will do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I replaced all my caps in the ECU last weekend actually. This started after. Is there any way to check ECU for codes without having it hooked up to a CEL in a car? Like I have a 1JZ in my S14, and there is no wiring for the CEL. Any way to jumper it to produce a code?

But I think I have it sorted out anyways.

I believe it was due to a loose connection at the coolant temp sensor. Squeezed the pins down good, and plugged in all the way to confirm connection. It started perfectly 3 days in a row now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts