Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1JZ in Car.. WITH Picts.. Few questions.

Well the motor is in the car. I have the harness extended, dash wiring done. But I a few issues..

There is a 4 pin connector that comes up by the starter. I dont know if I am missing a sensor or something but it is a 4 pin square connector, grey.

The seperate loom with 3 connectors on it. One long two row black connector, a grey multi pin connector, and a smaller black connector. I figure these went to the fuse boxes and such. I can not find a wiring schematic for this... Any tips.

I have been told the A/C plugs into the wiring harness on the body. This is a 92. I have the 1jz compressor, with the 7m top on it. Lines hooked up fine...

Thanks..

Car should be running by the end of this week.

Danny

Computer is acting up. Will add picts after I reset it. Damn Windows.....

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
There is a 4 pin connector that comes up by the starter. I dont know if I am missing a sensor or something but it is a 4 pin square connector, grey.
I think that connects to the AC compressor

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Damn the HKS cams look damn pretty...
What are you going to tap the oil pressure sensor to?
I need to figure that out my self.

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Tap it to the Big bolt that holds on the factory oil cooler, 1/8 npt.

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 1/8 bsp to -4 adapter. From there I got a -4 90* to -4 straight braided line about 12" long. From there I got a T that accepts the line, takes the factory sensor, and takes a aftermarket sensor.

BTW that is not the A/C Plug. It is much smaller, and too far back. I have the AC plug already connected.

What about the other Fuse box connectors... what do I need to do to hook those up.

Thanks

Danny

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
for the oil-pressure gauge,i used the upper part of the front brakeline off my clip.threads right into the block,7m pressure sensor screws into it.it takes about 5 minutes to hook up.you guys don't have to call me cheap.i just try to use what i have.
keith

·
Registered
34 Posts
jza71 said:
I think that connects to the AC compressor
i have that same plug on mine that i always freak out about when i cant figure where it goes.. I have the JZA70-R, and i thought it was just something that the other models with more options got... no biggie i guess :)

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
the 4 pin plug by the starter, i dont know...

mine is also not connected, but my car works fine, as most other people i know.

·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the ABS wire. The 1j trans did not have the sensor. I got a 7m sensor and worked fine.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
mkiiiowner said:
tsuper92, where on the block did you screw the brake line to? Is it the old oil switch light?
yes,it threads right in and then you can thread the sendor in
keith

1 - 11 of 11 Posts