1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
601 Posts
I got that one. Got the 90mm throttle body with it for $650 shipped. I haven't fully tested it out yet but at 18psi it certainly feels more powerful. I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on pushing 600hp+. I will give you an update when I hit the dyno.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I heard though that the ones from ebay hit the master cylinder.

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
There is another one that is designed slightly different on the site where you found that one. It's alittle differnt but looks better IMO. The fuel rail runner is attached to the intake manifold and looks like It would have better clearance than the one you found. It also comes with a fuel rail and throttle body =D

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
I PMed the guy on that manifold and he advised the brake booster will need to be changed on a LHD car.

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
There is another one that is designed slightly different on the site where you found that one. It's alittle differnt but looks better IMO. The fuel rail runner is attached to the intake manifold and looks like It would have better clearance than the one you found. It also comes with a fuel rail and throttle body =D

Where is this other manifold at? I can't seem to find it on that site where the other one is

·
4,655 Posts
For that price, how much better does it flow? From the looks it looks like a lot. But i wonder how much exactly.

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
Well, I dont know anyone who has used it on a LHD car but I took some measure measurements and it looks like it would clear the brake booster.

We need someone to try it out =D you order differnt color rails and throttle bodies also .

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
You get a intake manifold, fuel rail and throttle body. Its actually not that bad at all. MKIV intake manifolds sell for up to 3K.

For that price, how much better does it flow? From the looks it looks like a lot. But i wonder how much exactly.

·
I blow up Toyota's
420 Posts
Has anyone e-mailed the seller yet on the one for $999 to see if it will work with LHD cars? I may be willing to try it out to see if it will work or not.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
I got that one. Got the 90mm throttle body with it for $650 shipped. I haven't fully tested it out yet but at 18psi it certainly feels more powerful. I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on pushing 600hp+. I will give you an update when I hit the dyno.
just curious if the flange bolted flush to the head or did it need machining?what throttle cable did you use?thanks
keith
edit:just looked at the pic again and relized your rhd,cable wouldn't help.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Same throttle cable, the manifold had to be decked to fit flush. It had to be decked 70/1000ths, it was way off they said. The iacv was warped too but I just used copper liquid gasket to seal it.

OK..Here it is.
Last year 408hp @ 18psi.
This year mods to gain hp include, oversized intake valves 32->33.6mm, 90mm throttle body and this manifold.
Puts down 459hp @ 18psi.

So I am seeing 51hp gain. Could be more with a better tune.
I would say the valves are maybe adding 10hp. Therefore this manifold and a 90mm throttle body are adding 40hp approx.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Seeing as how you could cam the engine and gain well over 40hp for maybe even less the price I would say this would be a last mod to do.
Same throttle cable, the manifold had to be decked to fit flush. It had to be decked 70/1000ths, it was way off they said. The iacv was warped too but I just used copper liquid gasket to seal it.

OK..Here it is.
Last year 408hp @ 18psi.
This year mods to gain hp include, oversized intake valves 32->33.6mm, 90mm throttle body and this manifold.
Puts down 459hp @ 18psi.

So I am seeing 51hp gain. Could be more with a better tune.
I would say the valves are maybe adding 10hp. Therefore this manifold and a 90mm throttle body are adding 40hp approx.
Very true. It would be one of those last mods, but it looks really worth it. Its about $27 dollars for every 1 horsepower just to put it in perspective.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

So are we agreeing and have proven that this intake manifold will fit a LHD car?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts