Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search and came up with nothing. I just bought an 83 MK2 and have plans to put in a 1jzte in it. where can I get motor mounts? what car do I get the 1j from. I have done harder swaps before i was told this is an easy one to do. any help would be appreciated.
mark

·
Registered
345 Posts
a friend of mine just completed a 1j swap into a mk2 supra, his motor setup was from a jza70 supra.....he made mounts himself,had to change the oil sump to a front setup and a custom driveshaft ......he is on the forums as (pitula) maybe you can link up with him to get some more info.........randy

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awsome! is he on the west coast? I have a front sump pan already.

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
I see your in Socal, try hitting up Driftmotion.com they can help you out. There are a few other guys that can help you down in San Diego. Try asking over at Celicasupra.com or SocalSupras.com

its good to see another socal mkii member stepping it up.

·
Registered
358 Posts
18rgze said:
I tried a search and came up with nothing. I just bought an 83 MK2 and have plans to put in a 1jzte in it. where can I get motor mounts? what car do I get the 1j from. I have done harder swaps before i was told this is an easy one to do. any help would be appreciated.
mark
Theres a company in australia that make the motor mounts find out more at celicasupra.com they actually have a 1jz/2jz swap section.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still haventfound a company in aus that sells motormounts. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
358 Posts
18rgze said:
2 to 3 months
I know I'm going to murder the spelling on this but it's bonneville,it a speed shop and they make the mounts esp. for the mk2 jz swap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Phone Australia +61 (2)...

Code:

Bonneville Automotive Pty Ltd
12a Blakesley Rd Hurstville 2220 (02) 9546 7077
Mobile Service 0413 099 641

Bonneville Constructions Pty Ltd
32 Sagars Rd Kenthurst 2156 (02) 9654 1158

Bj Bonneville Automotive Pty Ltd
17 Phillips Rd Kogarah 2217 (02) 9553 4709

Hope this helps, also check the Celicasupra site, most people make thier own motor mounts.
B

·
Registered
939 Posts
18rgze said:
mark

What a dumb ass! Hey Mark whats up? I suppose thats my front sump pan you have huh? It cant be harder than putting a 1.5J in a 72 Celica right?
Cary
Oh he is in Carson City Nevada by the way not SoCal.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
I have a 1J in a MK2. I made my own mounts. They're solid steel uppers and lowers. I love them!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking about selling my mustand to do this swap myself.

- Randy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts