Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please a lot of help is required, more about electrionics than anything. I have a singled 1j, running a super60 turbo. i also have a safc2 from my old 240.

1. I know i need a speed cut limiter...

2. What about a boost cut limiter (i think thats what its called) do i need it?

3. What about a fuel cut defenser, what is its purpose, and if its to keep your engine from leaning out would i need it since i have a safc?

4. Aside from the boost gauge, what other gauges would be recomended?

5. I'm probably gonna upgrade to 440, or 550 hig impedence injectors, can they run on these stock rails?

6. what size fuel pump would u recommend?

7. any suggestions for aftermarket downpipes? or do i have to fab one up?

thak u in advance :fro:

·
Lurking
279 Posts
I don't know if your aware, but I don't think the 1jz is a direct drop into an sc400, only the sc300..

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
anyone????

you need the sc300 radiator, coolent bottle, power steering lines, ac lines, and a few pins on the dash harness are backwards to the sc300 body harness. iv done this swap its still easy but not so wiring friendly... dr tweak would be your cheapest bet!

are you the person that got that 1jz single motor from club-lexus?

·
Registered
636 Posts
1. I know i need a speed cut limiter.../ Not necissarily depending what youre doing.

2. What about a boost cut limiter (i think thats what its called) do i need it? FCD from HKS is what i recommend if youre staying stock twins. It basically tricks and adjusts your stock ecu. Remem...More Boost=More fuel . Or get piggy back like an safc.

3. What about a fuel cut defenser, what is its purpose, and if its to keep your engine from leaning out would i need it since i have a safc? Same as what i wrote above. FCD is bacilly used to properly raise the factory fuel cut level on factory turbocharged vehicles. As modifications are made to optimize engine performance, the factory fuel cut is often triggered by higher boost levels which activate a fuel delivery cut-off as a failsafe procedure. Symptoms of fuel cut are hesitation, bogging, and/or illumination of diagnostic indicators. So it helps to get one of these

4. Aside from the boost gauge, what other gauges would be recomended?
air/fuel ratio /water temp/ n oil temp

5. I'm probably gonna upgrade to 440, or 550 hig impedence injectors, can they run on these stock rails? 440's you can and you can get them out of an JDM aristo 2j set which will drop right in .

6. what size fuel pump would u recommend? you can stay stock or upgrade to a walbro 255

7. any suggestions for aftermarket downpipes? or do i have to fab one up? Greddy trust DP or make one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts